01. The Vanishing of Will

‧₊ ·˚ ༘❁ ┊ep 1

‧₊ ·˚ ༘❁ ┊ep 1. vanishing of will byers ▬▬▬▬▬▬
꒰ ✎ ꒱ؘ  STARGIRL, a stranger things fanfiction

Sprinklers could be heard outside of the Wheelers house. Inside were four boys and one girl playing a so-called fantasy roleplaying game.

"Something is coming..." The Wheeler boy said. "Something hungry for blood." Franny looks at the Wheeler boy. "A shadow growls on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness." Mike looks around the room to give a dramatic effect.

"It is almost here." Mike says to the group. "What is it?" Will and Franny say at the same time. "What if it's the Demogorgon?" Dustin says to the group. "Then we're fucked." Franny says sinking into her chair then crossing her arms. "We're so screwed if it's the Demogorgon." Dustin says putting his hands on his head.

"It's not the Demogorgon." Lucas tells Franny. She smiles at Lucas. "If you're wrong you owe me a reesses pieces tomorrow at school."

"An army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!" Mike announces placing a troglodytes on the board. "Troglodytes?" Dustin and Franny question. "Told ya. Now you owe me a reesses pieces" Lucas says crossing his arms. Franny rolls her eyes and smiles at Lucas. Everyone started laughing.

The gamemaster (Mike) wears a serious expression as the rest of the group laughs. "Wait a minute."  Mike turns his head to the stairs. "Do you hear that...?" Mike looks at the group. "That... that sound.? Boom... boom..." Mike looks at them. "Boom!" His hand slams on the table making Franny jolt. "That didn't come from the troglodytes. No, that..." Franny sits back up with her arms crossed leaning closer to the table. "That came from something else." Mike announced.

Mike slams down a two headed miniature toy. "The Demogorgon!" Everyone groans. "Who owns a reesses pieces now?" Franny smiled. "We're in deep shit." Dustin says. Mike tells Will to do an action. "I don't know!" Will exclaims. "Fireball him Will!" Franny says. "I'd have to roll a 13 or higher!" Will tells Franny. "Too risky. Cast a protection spell." Dustin tries to convince Will.

"Don't be a pussy! Fireball him!" Lucas tells Will. Franny shakes her head and agrees with Lucas. "No Will, cast protection!"

Mike slams on the table again. "The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!" Everyone looks at each other. "It stomps towards you. Boom!" Mike exclaims. "Will fireball him!" Franny exclaims. "Another stomp, boom!" Mike slams on the table again. Dustin tells Will, "Cast protection!"

"He roars in anger!" Franny rolls her eyes and sighs, Will was taking to long to choose and she was getting bored of Lucas and Dustin bickering and just tells Will to cast fireball. Will gets the dyes and rolls them across the board. "Shit." Franny says and gets off her chair to look for the dye and find the numbers. "Where'd it go?" Franny moves chairs around to get a better observation to look for the dye. "Is it a 13?" Dustin asked. "I don't know Dustin!" Franny responded to Dustin moving her hands across the floor

Three of the boys plus Franny crawl on the floor looking for the pieces when Franny heard Mikes mom, Karen calls out her son's name. "Mike!" Karen yells. "Mom, we're in the middle of a campaign!" Mike replied to his mom. "You mean the end? Fifteen after." Karen pointed a finger to her wrist pretending it's a watch. Mike follows his mom to convince her to play for a few more minutes.

"Has anyone found it yet?" Lucas asked the group. Everyone told Lucas no. "Well keeping looking!" Franny announced. "Oh, I got it!" Will cheered. "Does the seven count?" Will asked Franny. "It's a seven?" Lucas replied. "Did Mike see it?" Franny askes Will. He shakes his headat Franny. "It doesn't count then." She added on.

The group puts on their jackets and wait for Mike to comeback down to the basement. "Does anyone want this?" Questioned Dustin. Everyone replied with a no. "Maybe give it to Nancy, I'm sure she'll want it." Franny smiled at Dustin, and she headed upstairs.

"Hey, Mrs. Wheeler." Franny smiled. "Hey! Franny. Your moms waiting for you outside." Franny thanks Mikes mom as she waved bye to her.

Franny walks to the garage so she can say bye to her friends. Franny could see her mom waiting for her in her car. Franny waves to her mom and she gives a hand gesture to the Wheelers garage and her mom gave her a smile and a nod.

"Hey guys, my mom's here. Does anyone want a ride home?" Franny announced. They all shook their heads. "Are you guys sure? My mom wouldn't mind. Will are you sure you don't want a ride home? I'm sure it would be quicker than biking home." Franny offered.

"No, I'm sure. Besides I like biking home." Will gave a smile. Franny nods and gives everyone a hug. She waves and smiles. "Bye."

Franny walks to her car and opens her mom's car door. "Hi mom." Franny smiles. "Hey, mi amor." Her mom Paola says. "Did you have fun?" Franny nods and gives her mom a hug. "Where's Kirby?" Franny asks.

"At home, she didn't want to come." Paola sighed. The Francis girl nods. "None of your friends want a ride home?" Franny shakes her head. "No. They don't. I asked them twice." Paola nods her head and starts her car and drives home.

Franny wouldn't believe what would happen tonight.