04. Maple Street Weirdo

‧₊ ·˚ ༘❁ ┊ep 2

‧₊ ·˚ ༘❁ ┊ep 2. the werido on maple street ▬▬▬▬▬▬
꒰ ✎ ꒱ؘ STARGIRL, a stranger things fanfiction

Lighting flashes that could be heard outside of Mike's house. In the basement were Franny, Lucas, Dustin and Mike standing before the girl with her shaved head. A coat was draped over her shoulders.

"Is there any number or house address we can find or call? For your parents." Franny questioned the girl. "Where's your hair?" Dustin asked. His eyes to become wider, "Do you have cancer?"

"Did you run away?" Lucas wondered. Everyone started asking questions and the girl looked at them confused.

"Are you in some kind of trouble?"

"Is that blood?" Lucas tells the girl he tries to touch the blood but before he could Franny smacks his hand. "Ow!" He moves his hand away. "Stop it Lucas, you're scaring her!" Franny announced making a hand gesture to the girl. "She's sacring me!" Lucas replies doing a head movement to her.

"I beat she's deaf." Dustin claps making the girl jolt. "Never mind." He says, putting his hands on his hips. "Okay, that's enough, all right? She's just scared and cold." Mike goes over a full clean basket to grab some clothes for the girl. The girl flinches at the thunder. Mike offers her the clothes. The girl takes them touching the soft fabric to her check. The girl takes off the jacket and stands as she tries to take off the oversized t-shirt. All the boys yell at her before she could take it off.

"Frans can you show her where she can actually change." Mike tells her. Franny nods and she tries to grab her hand, but she moves away. "Hey, it's okay you can trust me." She says smiling reaching out her hand for the girl. The girl reaches for her hand and Franny takes her to the bathroom.

"You can change in here, with privacy." Franny put forth. Franny closes the door, but the girl stops her. "No." The girl says.

"Oh, you talk." Franny laughed. "Okay the, I'll leave the door open three inches then." Franny continued. The girl nods and turns away to change. Franny leaves her in peace and goes back her friends. "This is mental." Dustin tells them. "Well, we know she talks." Franny replies.

"She said "no" and "yes". Mike's three-year-old sister says more." Lucas went on. "The girl tried to get naked." Dustin looks at Mike.

"There's something wrong with that girl." Lucas tells the party. "Nothing is wrong with her guys. You are all over reacting!" Franny shared stuff about the girl. "I mean in the head."

"She just went like--" Dustin pretends to take his shirt off. "I bet she escaped from Pennhurst." Lucas tells them.

"Pennhurst?" Franny narrows her eyebrows. "Yeah, the nuthouse in Kerley County!" Lucas continued. "You got a lot of family there?" Dustin joked. "Bite me." Lucas replied. Franny gave a small laugh. Lucas looked at her. "Sorry. Not funny." She says looking away.

"Seriously though, think about it." Lucas said. "That would explain her shaved hair and why she's so crazy." He added on. "Why she went like." Dusitn pretends to take his shirt off again.

Franny walks away from the group and sees the girl come out. "You all done?" Franny asks her. "Yes I am." The girl says. "So, what's your name." She asks. The girl points to her tattoo on her right arm that says 011. "Eleven. Nice name. We can all call you El for short." The girl nods and smiles at Franny. El had a feeling the two would be best friends if El could stay forever.

They sit down on the couch, and Franny talks about her family. She talks about how her dad died due to a plane crash and how her mom was devastated. She was 5 at the time so she could barely remember some of these things.

Another thunder crash as El jolts again. Franny puts her arm on her shoulder and smiles. El puts her head on Franny's shoulder and stays.

"You guys are going home now?" Franny asks the two boys as they head up the stairs. "Yeah, you are coming?" Lucas replies to Franny. She nods. She tells El. "I'll be back tomorrow, El. I promise." Franny whispered to the girl. She looks at Franny and nods. She gives El a hug and waves a bye to her.

Franny hears Mike ask her name. "Mike." Mike turns to look at Franny. "Yeah?" Franny replies, "Her names Eleven, El for short." She smiles and continues to walk back up the stairs.

𓆩♡𓆪

"Why were you talking to her?" Lucas asks as they two walk their bikes home.

"Who El? Oh yeah she's really nice." Franny laughs to herself and smiles. "Oh, so she has a name. And how is she nice? She only had said "yes" and 'no"." Lucas snapped.

Franny looked at Lucas with her faced twisted up. She was confused on why he was acting like this. She didn't know why.

"Lucas are you okay? You've been acting weird ever since El got here." Franny speculated. Lucas rolled his eyes. Sadness crossed her face. "Is she your new best friend now?" Lucas taunted.

"I wanted El to feel safe and comfortable! You're just going to make her feel like she's not safe at all." Franny snapped back at Lucas.

"Please you're going to forget all about us when you become all buddy buddy with her." Lucas replied.

"I'm going home. Bye, Lucas." Franny sighed as she got on her biked and biked home." Lucas' face frowned as he watched Franny bike home.

"I'm sorry Franny! Shit. Comeback!" Lucas yelled out for her. "I'm sorry okay! Please."