Chapter 1:

"Oh my god! You are a disappointing fucking whore!" Your mother screamed from the living room.

She stormed into your bedroom, kicking in the door, and grabbed your upper arm.

"OW! MOM! YOU'RE HURTING ME!"

You tried to pry her hand off of you, but it was no use. You could already see the bruise that was forming.

"Hurting you? I'll show you hurting." As soon as those words came out of her mouth her fist collided with your face.

A few more punches followed afterward. She kneed you in your gut, causing you to fold and fall. There, she continuously kicked the shit out of you. Eventually, she stopped and walked out angrily. 

You lay there for a couple of more minutes until you sat up, and dried your tears. You walked over to your closet where you put on your white high-top converse and threw on your boyfriend's hoodie, which was laying next to your bed.

Your house was a decent size mansion, white and tall, and sat along the beach, as well as the kook's side of the island. Your mother, Y/m/n, was an abusive drunk. When she was around other people, besides you and your friends, she acted like the most wonderful and sweetest person in the world. Though that didn't matter, you were hardly ever home. You were with your friends and your boyfriend.

You climbed out your window and jumped around 6'0 to the ground, you already had all kinds of wounds and bruises so what's adding a couple more? 

. Walking...more like limping, you went around to the side of the house and got into your car. You pulled out and planned to drive to one of your best friend's houses, John B's.

You lived on the North Side of the Outer Banks. Your friends were the Pouges. Kiara, Pope, John B, and his girlfriend, Sarah Cameron. You also couldn't forget about your amazing boyfriend, JJ Maybanks.

A lot of the people who lived on the cut thought you were like the other kooks–A stuck-up little bitch. Sara also used to be a kook. Until she found out the truth about her father, Ward Cameron. Yea sure, you used to live the kook life, up until you were 11. That's when y/m/n started to become abusive and drank a lot.

Most of the time you'd rent a motel room and stay there for a couple of nights. Or you would get lucky and one of your fake friends would invite you over. That was your life for about 4 years until you met JJ at a party at the boneyard. The moment all of them surrounded you and joked and laughed you knew that that was where you were meant to be. Since then you've stayed with them, only going home if you needed something, such as clothes, money,(ofc) and alcohol. Today you went back for money. Gas money to be exact.

JJ and the Pogues are the only people who know what your mother does to you. You keep it a secret from the rest of the world. Once she's out of the way, it's always fun and games with the pogues.

You pulled up to JB's house, jumped out of your car, and ran back. You saw JJ sitting in a lawn chair talking to everyone and drinking a beer. You ran right to him, jumping into his arms, causing him to spill his drink. You were still sobbing and crying. You hated her so much you couldn't bear it.

"Woah. Y/n, baby. What's wrong? Are you okay?" He gently pulled your head from his neck and brushed your hair back.

"Holy shit!...." He stood up, picked you up in the process, and carried you inside and into the bathroom.

You continued to cry as he sat you on the bathroom counter. You watched his wet cloth and pour some peroxide on it. He slowly took it up to your face and you jerked back.

"It won't hurt..." he said, his eyes softening even more if that was possible.

He put on a tough guy act in front of everyone but you. He was always very sweet and gentle with you.

"I-I know..." You couldn't meet his gaze. You have had to do this a time or two with him as well because of his father, Luke. 

He started wiping away all the blood you had on your face. Then he wiped your arms and legs and neck. He laid the gray washcloth in the sink and looked at you. His eyes showed nothing but affection and admiration.

"Got you a shiner there, y/n." He smiled down at you.

"Yea...," you gently touched your eye with your hand.

He kissed the top of your head, "How about we forget about this, and go smoke some beer, and drink some weed."

You laughed at his stupid joke and smiled up at him. Only to see him doing the same.

You hopped down from the counter and walked out of the house with JJ. Once you walked out of the broken patio, 4 heads turned to look at the two of you.

"You good y/n?" The Pope asked first.

"Yea are you okay?" Sara joined, the other two not saying anything knowing that Pope and Sara got their point across.

"Yea I'm fine." You mumbled just enough for them to hear.

"I think she still shook a little, she's okay though," JJ stated for you.

Remembering what you told them you would bring back, you reached into your bra and pulled out $150 for gas.

They all cheered, and Sara must've forgotten she was sitting on John B's lap because she put her hand out to push herself up, and John B instantly pushed Sara off and grabbed his crotch, and his face twisted in pain.

"Oh, shit...sorry babe.." She said brushing the dirt off of her hands and knees.

JJ and Pope laughed dramatically, while you and Kie just grinned and giggled.

"After I saw you run to JJ I couldn't even imagine you still getting away with the money," Sara said, coming up to you.

"Ehh...I wouldn't call it getting away with." You half-joked.

"Yea. I guess you're right." She lightly laughed.