Chapter 3:

You walked a little on the beach crying. You didn't know what you were going to do. You and JJ rarely fought, and when you did it was over small little petty things that you both go over in a couple of hours.

You found a rock and sat down on it and looked at the ocean and cried. You were sure that JJ was going to break up with you and not love you anymore. He was probably hooking up with that one girl right now.

It had turned dark around 30 minutes ago. You didn't have your cell phone on you so you just started walking back to where the party was. You didn't feel like having to go home with JJ, so you grabbed your bag, left the hammock, and started to walk back to John Bs house.

You had been walking for around an hour when a cop flipped his sirens on and pulled up right beside where you were walking.

"Young Lady!" The cop shouted.

You turned your head, "Yes officer?"

"Are you, Y/FL/n?" He questioned. (your first, and last name)

"Yes sir, I am. Why do you ask?"

You were nervous and scared and still upset with JJ you were already drowning in emotions and now this?!

"Your mother has been searching for you and hasn't been able to find you. Have you been running away?"

Damn! He was drilling you!

"No sir! I didn't even know she was looking for me! You see, my phone is in my car, dead. My car is at my friend's house, and I've been out all night."

"Alright. I understand. Let's just get you home to your mom. He unlocked the front passenger seat.

You were nervous about getting in the vehicle.

"Have you been drinking?!"

"No officer..." You hadn't been drinking. You were confused. Then hit you. The beer Rafe poured on you.

He dug into his bag and pulled out a breathalyzer.

He instructed you through the process. Then you had to wait a moment.

"It says no alcohol detected... then can you tell me how come you reek of Beer?"

"My friend dumped some on me, I would've told you but you didn't give me a chance."

"Ok well, we need to get you down to the station. Your mom's waiting."

You internally rolled your eyes. She needed you for a reason, whether it be as a public figure, or a punching bag, she wanted you. Soon enough you and the deputy pulled into the parking lot of the small police department. He walked you inside and your mother sat in one of the metal chairs.

"Oh, honey!" She stood up and put on a fake worried expression. She wrapped her arms around you and hugged you. "I've called you almost 100 times! Where on Earth have you been? I've been so worried!"

"At the beach." You simply responded, knowing this was all an act.

"Let's go home. We have a few things we need to discuss." She put her hand on your back and led you out the door, thanking the officer on her way out.

Once you were around the building, you got in your mother's car. 

"What could be soo important that you sent the cops out looking for me?" You half yelled at your mother.

"Me." A voice came from the back seat.

You quickly spun around to see your 24-year-old brother, still in his military uniform. He had been working in the field and had been deployed for about 4 years now.

You stepped on the seat and crawled into the back seat and gave your brother Greyson a hug.

"I've missed you so much." You mumbled in his chest.

"I've missed you too Y/n."

"Now that we're all here...your brother will be taking parental custody of you y/n. Since I cannot bear to handle you anymore. You are such a disrespectful brat and a fuc–"

"OKAY! That's enough." Your brother yelled at your mom.

"Get out of my car. The both of you. I don't want any of you to set foot in my house ever again. Especially you, y/n. Stealing money from me to give to your low-life friends of yours."

You and Greyson did as your mother said, and got out of the vehicle.

"I'm so sorry I had to leave you with that old hag." He said as she pulled out of the lot.

"It's whatever. I left about a month after you anyways. I barely see her."

"What do you mean you left?"

"I packed my shit and left. I started staying at my friend's houses and stuff." You shrugged. "Where are you going to stay?" You asked.

 "I bought a house down here online about a year ago. I can't stay there tonight though because the house people aren't open."

"Oh. Well, you can stay with me tonight. I'm sure it'll be verrry enjoyable because I just got into a fight with my boyfriend. Who also stays there."

He just stared at you for a minute. Like he was trying to read your mind.

"You're friends with the pouges aren't you?"

"What? How do you know about them?"

He laughed, "There's always a set of them for every generation. I was a kook with my generation."

"'What do you mean? We are the same generation."

"Well when you turn like 20, you kinda have to grow up and cut out all of the 'kook and Pouge' stuff."

"That's stupid...well we should head back to John B's place..."

"He won't mind?"

You shook your head, "No. JJ might though."

"He your boyfriend?"

You nodded your head.

"What did you get in a fight about?"

'Well he was talking to this one girl and she was like flirting with him, and I walked over and put a stop to it. This guy had dumped beer on me so he asked what happened and I told him, and he was being dramatic saying how I was cheating on him and stuff."

"Y'all will get over it, but let's get going."

The two of you walked the few miles to John B's house, exchanging very few words. All you wanted was your boyfriend, but you couldn't even have that. When you got to the house you got into your car and started searching for your phone. It was in between the seats so you grabbed it and started to climb out.

Once you had gotten out and were about to shut the car door, the vaults wagon pulled up.