Chapter 5

"JJ! Be easy with her!" Kiara scolded JJ. "She's still hurt."

You just laughed and swam over to JJ. When you go close enough he shook his wet hair all over you, just like a dog. Everyone laughed, and Pope got up on the boat and brought beers back to everyone. When he tossed it over to you looked at it with question.

"It's okay...I'm right here, it'll be ok." JJ reassured.

You smiled and cracked it open, and started sipping on it. You were scared to drink any type of alcohol without JJ around. You did know exactly why either. Maybe it was because you didn't want to end up like your mother, or you were scared you would make stupid choices while drunk, or any of the other factors that go into drinking. But JJ made sure everything was safe, it would all be ok, as long as he was right there.

"Y/n!" Sara shouted from about 30 yards away. "Come play volleyball with me and Kie!"

"In the water? You asked laughing.

"Yea, why not?" Kiara budded in.

"Okay fine!" You swam over to the girls, and the three of you started passing the ball to one another.

The guys had gotten on the boat and talked guy talk.

"John B! Get us some beers!" Sara yelled at her boyfriend.

"...And a screwdriver!" You added.

Sure enough, he came threw. He tossed out 3 natural lights, and a screwdriver.

"Thank you!" Kiara shouted. John B replied with a simple, thumbs up.

"3.." You started to count down the shotgun.

"2," Kiara said, making a hole in the bottom of the can.

"1!" Sara finished.

At that moment you all opened the can of Natural Light and started chugging it. Sara was the first one to finish, so she slammed the can into the water. But she quickly picked it back up in order to protect the wildlife.

You continued playing volleyball and the three of you were talking and laughing. Mostly making fun of the guys, but there was some gossip about other girls in the area. You turned around to look at your boyfriend, but to your surprise, he was nowhere to be found. Your heart sunk.

You scanned all over the area looking for him but couldn't spot him. Before you knew it, you were entering a panic attack.

"JJ! You cried out and started crying.

"JJ PLEASE!" You screamed as loud as you could. You couldn't keep your focus on swimming, so your body started to go under the water. No matter how hard you tried to stop it, it wouldn't happen. 

You kept screaming JJ's name as you sunk. The water started to enter into your lungs and it hurt. It was stinging your airways as it made its way inside of you.

Suddenly you were being lifted out of the water. You tried to suck air into your lungs but you couldn't. You tried to scream JJ's name back you couldn't. Everything was a blur. People were yelling your name, you were being dragged through the water, and water was splashing everywhere.

Before you knew it, you were being lifted onto the boat. JJ was right above you asking if you were ok, but you couldn't respond. You were feeling extremely lightheaded, and were eyelids were feeling heavy, and you felt nauseous. You drifted off.

You awoke in a coughing fit. Water coming out of your mouth. You sat up, still choking.

"Fuck, finally, y/n." JJ said, roughly sitting down from his squat position out of breath.