Chapter 7

I tightened my hair into a slicked back high ponytail and stared at myself in the mirror. My mascara probably wouldn't last long on my long lashes because I'd just cry it off later in the day if I was being honest with myself. It was too early for this stress. I wasn't prepared at all, and I didn't know what I was going to do.

"You get a wand, Prince. I'm sure it will all be fine." Snape reassured me as I stood in front of his desk in his office.

"I don't know what I'm doing! I don't know enough spells!" I shouted at him.

"Well, the more you yell at me, the less I'm willing to help." He said lowly as he continued reading a book on his desk.

"Moody is helping Potter. I know he is." I blabbed. I was pacing at this point, trying to get myself to relax.

"Well, just think of your strengths. You're good at your classes, you're athletic, you'll figure it out." He said shortly. "I'm sure your father has taught you enough magic in your life for you to survive." He shooed me off.

"As my father's friend, I was hoping you'd be a little bit more sympathetic. I will get on my knees and beg. I don't know my strengths yet! I don't know what to do!" I groaned, throwing myself down in my chair.

"Believe me. I wouldn't throw you out to the wolves if you weren't ready. Just trust your gut." Snape hummed, flipping another page of his book.

"Good luck today." Ella whispered from her bed as she woke up, causing me to shoot around and look at her. I gave her the best smile I could manage and mumbled a 'thanks.'

I exited the room quietly and walked down to the common room. I fiddled with the sleeve of the uniform they stuck us champions in. I figured everyone would be wearing a different color, considering mine was Slytherin green.

I couldn't complain about the jumpers they gave us though, the Hogwarts logo being on the front left side and my last name stitched across the back. I scurried down the hall to the boy's dorms, my anxiety growing more and more as I thought about what would happen today.

I lifted my hand slowly and knocked as much as I could manage. The door opened slowly and revealed a tired Gregory whose eyes were barely open.

"I was going to be angry, but I can't complain that you're the first face I'm seeing in the morning." He chuckled, his voice still groggy as he was barely awake.

"I'm so scared." I whispered, my eyes wide with anticipation. He stepped to the side and let me enter their room. The other boys were sat up in their beds, rubbing their eyes and stretching to try and wake up.

Draco's bed was empty, causing me to look around in a panic. He's the whole reason I'm even in here. Blaise must have taken note of my jittery actions before he spoke up.

"He's just in the bathroom. Relax." He sighed as his eyes were closed. I paced back and forth across the floor, making Gregory chuckle as he walked past me.

"Bit on the eager side this morning aren't we, Em?" He asked, grabbing my sides with his hands quickly and causing me to jump from fear.

"Goyle, you're gonna scare the poor girl even more." Blaise yawned. The bathroom door opened, causing my big eyes to look at it frantically.

"Hello, pretty girl," Draco's morning voice said with a smile. He walked up to me and placed a quick kiss on my head casually. "I'd ask if you slept well, but I know you didn't considering you're wide awake in my room at the ass crack of dawn." He huffed, walking back across the room and laying in his bed. "Maybe you'll get lucky and it really will be a beauty contest, like Blaise said." He chuckled, ruffling a hand through his messy morning hair.