Chapter 23

"Okay, one more time-" Draco huffed as he tried teaching the first years that sat on the couch the new song he had come up with to taunt Weasley as the new keeper. Pansy helped, but only because I didn't see much of the amusement in the stupid jokes.

I was too competitive to get caught up in the cheating game like the other Slytherins on my team. I cared too much about my skill. How good I looked while playing. Being recognized by people. Being acknowledged as such a good chaser. I was a real athlete. Not one who faked their skill and used other tactics to win the challenge.

"Are you excited?" Theo's voice echoed as he rounded a corner and stepped out in front of me. My heart came to a stop for a second as he scared me shitless.

"Don't do that!" I hissed, slapping my hand against his shoulder.

"Ahhh, come on, sweetheart." He chuckled as he pinned something to my quidditch robes. "Don't tell me this game has you that worked up." He teased, patting the pin and walking next to me when he was finished. I glanced down and caught of a glimpse of Weasley on the button and rolled my eyes slightly.

"You know I hate taunting people," I stated, fiddling with the button to take it off, but Theo stopped my actions.

"Awe, lighten up." He pleaded, pulling my hand down once again so it sat at my side. "Are you heading to breakfast? That's where I'm going now. Maybe we can sit together." He proposed, nudging our shoulders together playfully.

"Ha. Ha." I joked. "You know I sit with Draco every morning, but nice try." I chuckled, walking with him into the great hall and approaching the blonde that had surprisingly beaten me here. "Hey," I huffed, waiting for him to make room between him and his friends, but he just shot me a smile as he swallowed his food.

"Hi," he said softly, not moving an inch. I furrowed my brows as I looked at the bench, but he still didn't budge. Or force his friend to move like he tended to do. He just sat there. "Are you excited? I was just telling Blaise all about the firebolt. You're the bestest ever for letting me use it." He beamed, making me smile a little more. My lips curled up slightly, but at the same time everything felt off.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as I stood behind him and tucked my head away into the crook of his neck.

"I am excited." I whispered, sending a slight shiver across his pale and chilled skin. "I can't wait to see you in action. Who knows, maybe the sight of it will finally make me beg for it." I chuckled lowly, planting a kiss on the soft skin that resided below his ear. I raked my fingers through his soft hair and placed another kiss on his temple as I stood up straight.

"I'd like that." Draco hummed, raising his brows slightly while his smile still grew.

Theo still stood at my side as his eyes slid back and forth between my boyfriend and I. Even he could sense that something was wrong. That Draco was up to something.

"Well, I guess I'm gonna go sit with Theo." I said awkwardly. This was the first time Draco ever made me feel awkward. The way he just stared at me like I needed something from him, and he wasn't sure what I was waiting for. "I'll see you at the pitch, I love you." I told him quickly, leaning down to give him a quick kiss. He turned slightly so my lips landed at the corner of his mouth before he gave me a soft smile.

"See you, sweetheart." He whispered. My heart was slowly disintegrating as I knew it.

"You sit with him every morning?" Theo mocked in a whisper, but my words came out hoarsely as my throat ran dry.

"Shut up." I hissed.

I held a straight face as the official explained the rules. I was taking this a lot more seriously than the rest of my team seemed to be as they teased and provoked the Gryffindor team. The officials dismissed us from the center of the pitch to get in our ready positions. I sprinted up to Draco quickly and his eyes were scanning the crowd.