Chapter 24

Traitor- Olivia Rodrigo
Romantic Homicide- d4vd
Only Love Can Hurt Like This- Paloma Faith
————

"Go to sleep, Emmy." Draco whispered against the back of my hair, but I continued to toss and turn in his arms.

"I don't want you to go. I'll miss you." I whispered back, trying to keep from waking the other boys that laid in the dark room.

"It'll be an hour, maybe. Prefect duties; you know I have to leave." He whispered. I nodded my head before I felt his lips coursing small kisses across my hair line.

He let out a shaky breath before he started to get up. I caught him by his wrist before I pulled him back towards me slightly.

"Are you sure that's all it is? You seem... scared?" I said, but the statement came out as more of a question. "You're just on edge before you go every night. You can tell me if something is wrong." I whispered. Draco pressed his lips against my forehead once more, cradling both of my cheek in his hands.

"Promise, love. Go to sleep." He whispered. His lips grazed mine softly, but only for a brief second. He grabbed his wand from the nightstand and left the room.

I tossed and turned for what felt like hours, but had only been around 40 minutes. I couldn't relax without Draco in here, holding me tightly against his warm skin while my face tucked itself away into his body.

"I can't sleep either." Blaise huffed across the room in his bed, making me roll over to look at him. "We can go play chess if you'd like. It usually makes me feel better when I can't sleep. Y'know, more relaxed." He yawned, sitting up slightly and putting on the slippers that sat next to his bed.

"Yeah. I'd like that." I sighed, pulling one of Draco's huge jumpers over my head and pulling the hood up. The scent engulfed me in a hug, making me feel as though he was here all along, his arms wrapped around my torso and holding me steady.

Blaise held the door open as we walked out into the hall. We slowly trudged our feet against the stone floors, the cold temperature making my bare feet freeze slightly.

"Can I ask you a question?" I stopped Blaise in his tracks as I grabbed his wrist. He furrowed his brows as he turned to look at me. I leaned back against the wall while my eyes moved to the floor between us.

A few stray strands of my hair fell in to my face and peaked out through the hood that covered my head. Blaise picked my chin up slightly, looking at me like he had no idea what was going on.

"What's wrong?" He whispered, running his fingers across my cheek. The motion made me realize that I had tears free falling down my face.

"Do you think Draco doesn't want me?" I whispered, the words barely making it past my throat as I croaked them out. Blaise's chocolate eyes widened while he listened to me.

"What would make you ever think that?!" Blaise asked out of concern. I clicked my tongue as I tried to control myself.

"I think-" I let out a forced breath, trying to get clean air in my burning lungs. "I-" I panted. Blaise wrapped his arms around me, but it made it worse as I pushed him off. I didn't want anyone's touch at the moment. Only one person.

"I think he loves me because I'm his. I'm his Emmy." I cried, whimpering softly as I tried to speak. "But I think we were too young. Or that he thinks that. We were 14, how can you expect to spend together with someone since the age of 14?!" I asked frantically, letting all of my thoughts pour out of me.

"He used to love-" I sobbed softly. "He used to love running around with other girls. You remember. How how played into my attention and would always pick someone else and... what if I don't offer him enough anymore? What if he just loves me as his Emmy again and he wants other girls?" I cried. "Because he's pushing me away. He has been for weeks. And I feel it in my gut." Sobbing. Whimpering. Crying. Panting. Choking. Dying. That's what this felt like.