Chapter 4

At the back of the school, Veronica was pacing back and forth while nervously biting her long nails.

She spent 174 years without a mate, but after to moving to Forks she suddenly gains TWO mates. Not one, but two. How is that even possible??

Feeling a hand on her shoulder, making her quickly grab hold of whoever it was and aimed her sharp claws at the person. Luckily, it was Victor making her withdraw her claws and hold on his neck.

"Sorry, Vic" She mumbled, not looking him in the eyes.

"It's okay, Ronnie. Why did you run off?" Victor asked gently, placing his hands on her shoulders making her look up at him.

"Vic, i have two mates. TWO! I--I can't do this. I don't deserve one mate, let alone two" Veronica stressed. Victor understood why she was upset, he always hated how low she spoke of herself.

"Ron, i get it. But you've been through so much, you deserve to be happy. Remember you don't have to be with them straight-away, you can take your time and I'm sure those two will be understanding" Veronica listened to his words, knowing that he was right but she was still worried.

The bell suddenly rang, indicating that lunch was over. Victor turned to his sister, and pulled her into a tight hug.

"Just give them a chance, Ronnie. Like i said, you deserve all the happiness in the world. This could be your chance" The female Creed whispered an 'okay', then the two pulled away and headed back into to the school.

Grabbing her things from her locker, Veronica made her way to her next class which was history.

As she was about to walk into the class, a strong scent hit her nose making her clench her jaw. Finally walking into the class, her eyes instantly locked on a pair of topaz eyes.

"Hello, you must be Veronica Creed, right?" The voice of the teacher cut Veronica from her staring match, making her look away and look to the teacher.

"That's me" She said shortly, with a tight lipped smile.

"Well, I'm Mr. Richards. You can go sit next to Mr. Hale" He said, pointing at the very person she was staring at before. Taking a deep breathe, the woman made her way towards the vampire and stiffly sat next to him.

Veronica glanced at the blonde, giving him a very small smile. Jasper noticed how much more beautiful she looked up close. If his heart was still beating, it would be beating rapidly against his ribcage.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you, Ma'am. The names Jasper Hale" Veronica swore she felt her heart beat faster at the sound of his soft Southern voice.

"It's nice to meet you too, Jasper" She replied, as she placed her hand in his to shake.

The feeling off his stone cold hand sent a shock through her body, but she could also feel sparks making her quickly take her hand out from his.

"So, where are you from?" Jasper asked. Veronica turned to him, and gulped when she looked into his eyes.

"Uh, my brother and i are originally from Canada, but we moved from Minnesota. Victor thought that we needed a change in scenery, so he moved us to Forks" The woman rambled on.

Jasper loved the sound of her voice, and couldn't help but smile brightly as she spoke. He could see that she was still tense, so he scent a wave of calmness her way and watched her body relax more.

"How are you liking Forks?" He asked.

"It's okay. Victor and I are used to town's like this. Small and dull. We've always kept to ourselves and don't really like to live in the city" Veronica answered.

"My family and I are the same. I don't know what you've heard about us, but we like to keep to ourselves. We're not huge on interacting with humans" If Veronica wasn't a mutant and didn't know what he was, she would be very confused by his choice in word.

"It seems as though we have something in common" Veronica chuckled, gaining a grin from Jasper in return.

For the rest of the class, Jasper and Veronica got to know each other more. Veronica could feel herself grow more comfortable in his presence, and she was starting to slowly accept that he was her mate. Well, one of them.

When it was the end of class, Jasper walked Veronica to her next class which was PE.

Victor, who was walking with his mate Alice, looked down the hall to see his sister and one of her mates walking towards them.

A smile appeared on his face when he saw Veronica laugh at something Jasper said. It's the happiest he's seen her in a long time.

"Hey, would you like to come over to my place so we can do our project?" Jasper asked, as the two stopped in front of the gym doors. Before answering, Veronica saw her brother and saw him nod his head in her direction.

"Sure, that sounds great" She smiled, watching Jasper's face light up.

"Great. You can meet us in the car park after school" Nodding with a smile, the two parted ways and Veronica walked into the gym.

Getting changed into her gym clothes, the woman walked out and met up with her brother.

"I'm guessing History class went well" Victor smirked, gaining an elbow to the ribs in response.

"Yes, it went fine. Also we're learning about the Civil War. Coincidence? I think not" Veronica stated, making Victor snort in amusement.

Looking around the gym, the male Creed noticed another pair of topaz eyes aimed at his sister making his smirk widen.

"It seems like you have another admirer, Ronnie" He snickered, pointing at a man who was the size of a bear.

Looking to where her brother was pointing, Veronica saw that it was her other mate. She remembers Jasper telling her that she would have PE with his brother Emmett. Staring at the giant man, she felt her heart flutter like it did with Jasper.

Not noticing that her brother was no longer next to her, she watched as Emmett walked over to her with a smirk on his pale face.

"Well hello there pretty lady. I'm Emmett Cullen, and you must be the beautiful Veronica Creed" Emmett boomed through-out the gym, gently taking Veronica's hand in his and placed a gentle kiss on her knuckles.

Veronica felt her cheeks heat up because of the kind gesture, and sent a warm smile his way.

"That's me, and you must be Emmett. I had a few classes with your siblings" Veronica said, not caring that Emmett was still holding her hand.

"I know, Alice wouldn't shut up about you and i can see why" He smirked, sending a wink her way. Veronica's chest felt warm, and wanted nothing more than to kiss him but she refrained from doing so.