Chapter 15

At the Cullen house, everyone was in the garage getting their things packed to leave Forks. Veronica wanted to call it a day, go home and spend the night with her mates. But instead, she will be wasting her time babysitting a stupid human.

"I've had to fight our kind before. We're not easy to kill" Jasper said to Emmett, as the two grabbed what they needed.

"Oh, but it's not impossible darling" Veronica answered with a slightly sadistic smirk, sitting on the cabinet while looking at her long nails.

"We'll tear them apart and burn the pieces" Emmett said, and it was obvious to everyone how excited he was to kill the nomads.

"I don't relish the thought of killing another creature, even a sadistic one like James" Carlisle stated.

"What if he kills one of us first" Rosalie spoke up, while sitting next to Veronica.

"Victor and I won't let that happen, Rosie" The woman said, grabbing her sister's hand and gave it a comforting squeeze.

Bella, although scared, still couldn't help the jealousy that she felt. She hated how much the family seemed to adore Veronica, but they were all so closed off to Bella. The Swan girl wanted them all for herself, including Veronica's brother. One day she will get them, it's just a matter of when.

"I'm gonna run Bella south. Can you lead the tracker away from here?" Edward said, looking to his father figure.

"It seems being in love with a human has lowered your IQ. James isn't stupid, Edward. He knows what she means to you, so he'll expect you to be with her" Veronica stated.

Veronica didn't hate Edward, she just hated that he brought danger to the family. She's terrified of losing her mates, and her new family. And if any of them get harmed, she won't kill Edward but she will definitely get rid of the human without hesitation.

"Veronica's right. He'll follow you" Carlisle agreed, looking from Veronica to his son.

"I'll go with Bella. Ronnie and I will drive her South. We'll keep her safe Edward" Alice said, causing Veronica to snap her head in the direction of her other sister.

"Woah, okay what? I didn't agree to this" She stressed, standing beside Alice while giving her a look.

"V, please? I know how you feel about this whole thing, but i'll need you to help me keep Bella safe" Alice explained. Veronica glared at the pixie looking woman, until she rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Fine, but one of them--" Veronica started to say, pointing to one of her mates.

"Are coming with us. If I'm going, i need someone to keep me sane" She said, quirking a brow at Alice who smiled.

"I'll come with" Jasper raised his hand, walking over to his mate and wrapped an arm around her waist.

"Okay, good. Can you keep your thoughts to yourself?" Edward asked Alice.

"Yes" Alice nodded, hesitantly grabbing onto Bella's hand and lead her to the car.

Veronica sighed, grabbing the keys from Jasper's hand and walked over to the driver side. Before getting in, she was pulled into a sweet kiss from Emmett. The two pulled away slightly, still holding onto each other.

"Stay safe, Kitten. And try not to kill Bella, okay?" He smirked, watching as his mate rolled her eyes with a chuckle.

"Fine, i won't. Please be safe, all of you. i don't know what i'd do if any of you got hurt" She whispered, cupping Emmett's face and looked into his topaz eyes.

"I'll be fine, babe" He said softly, kissing her one more time before she moved over to hug all the other's, minus Bella of course.

Everyone got into their cars, and sped off in different directions. Veronica wanted this to be over and done with, which was why she was driving like a maniac.