Chapter 19

Four days had gone by since Bella's birthday party, and since Jasper almost killed her. Veronica hasn't heard from any of the family, and she worried that something had happened.

When Veronica woke up, she got ready for school like always. But what she didn't notice were the two letters that were sitting on her desk that were addressed to her.

When Veronica and her brother went to school, like the others days she didn't see their cars or them in general. Something in the pit of her stomach was gnawing at her, like something bad is going to happen.

Victor already knew what was happening, Alice had come to him the night after the party to explain everything and she was the one who gave the two letters to him to give to his sister.

Of course he was sad about his mate and family leaving, but he was worried as to how Veronica would react. He knew for a fact that she wasn't going to take their sudden leave lightly, but he wasn't sure just how badly she would take it.

When the two got home, Veronica went straight to her room to get changed. In the corner of her eye, she saw the two white envelopes on her desk. Frowning, the woman walked over and saw that they were from Emmett and Jasper.

While she was reading the letters, Victor was standing near the door watching her with a sad look. Veronica heart shattered, tears appearing in her eyes as she read over the words written to her by her mates.

They left her....her mates left her.

Veronica collapsed on her desk chair, wet droplets falling onto the paper. Victor winced when the scent of her anger hit his nostrils, and he watched as her hands clenched onto the pages.

"Let me guess, you knew?" She muttered through gritted teeth, not looking away from the now crumpled pages.

"Yeah, Alice came to me the night after to explain everything. She said that Jasper and Emmett would've come, but they didn't think it was a good idea" Victor answered.

"So, they break my heart via letters. How gentlemanly" Veronica chuckled dryly, as she threw paper balls into the trash and turned to her brother.

"I'm sorry, Ronnie. And they are too, all of them" He said, causing his twin to scoff.

"Yeah, I'm sure they are. Well, fuck em. Who need's em anyway" Veronica spat, while marching out of her room with Victor in tow.

"Where are you going?" He called after her.

"I'm going to pay Bella a visit. I mean, she is the reason they all fucked off" Veronica answered, slamming open the front door and marched over to the Swan house.

Knocking on the door, she waited for someone to open the door. Soon, she was met with the exhausted face of Charlie.

"Veronica, hey it's good to see you. You here for Bella?" He asked.

"It's good to see you too, Charlie. And yes, i wanted to see how she was after the Cullen's left" Veronica smiled sadly, but really she was more pissed then sad.

"Come on in. Bella's hasn't left her room since, so you can go on up" Charlie said, pointing to the stairs. As Veronica went to walk up the stairs, the woman turned back to face the father.

"Are you okay, Charlie? You look like you haven't slept in days" She asked with genuine concern.

"Bella's been having these horrible nightmare's, and work has been stressful. So sleeping seems to happen once in a blue moon around here" He explained, and Veronica felt bad for the man. She hates how much stress Bella has caused.

"Well, try and look after yourself Charlie. We don't want our chief falling asleep on the job" Veronica joked, making Charlie laugh.

When Veronica found Bella's room, she walked in to see the human sitting in a chair facing her large window. The anger Veronica felt before came back, and she wanted nothing more than to throw Bella out the window.

"I have to say, i am quite enjoying your suffering and sadness" Veronica spoke up, making Bella jump and turn to the woman who then started to walk over to her.

"W-what are you doing here?" Bella stuttered, her voice breaking at the end.

"Oh me, well I'm here to see how you are. I mean your boyfriend is gone, my brother's mate is gone and so are mine. It makes me wonder what caused them to leave so suddenly, hmm" Veronica wondered tapping her chin with her fingers.

It didn't take a genius to know that Veronica was angry, and Bella was now regretting what she did that night at the party.

"You are very lucky that i like Charlie....and Edward i guess, otherwise you would already be dead in the woods somewhere" Veronica's face grew dark with anger, as she leant towards the now shaking girl.

"You drove away my mates, my family and for what, huh? For your own personal gain? Did you do it out of jealousy? What, you hated not having everyone's attention on you, so you decided to drive them away? Like if i can't have them, no one can sort of thing?" Veronica spat, gripping the sides of the arm rests of the chair.

Bella looked fearfully into Veronica's now bright blue eyes, and swallowed the large lump in her throat.

"I-I'm so-sorry, i just--i--" Bella stumbled over her words, but let out a small yelp when Veronica roughly grabbed her jaw.

"I meant it when i said you don't want me as your enemy, Bella. I am the last person in the world you want to piss off. Whatever nightmares you're having, i can assure you i will be the worst one" With that said, Veronica let go of the girl and walked out of the house not before saying goodbye to Charlie.

Sorry this is so short, i didn't know what else to write for this one.