Chapter 13

At the Cullen residence, the Creed twins were helping the family, minus Jasper, Alice and Ian, with the food that was meant for Bella.

Edward decided it would be a good idea to invite the human over, and lets just say it didn't go over will with the Hale's and the Creed's.

Emmett and Veronica were in charge of cutting up the vegetables for the salad, while Carlisle and Victor cooked the meat and Esme grated the cheese. Rosalie just stood there holding a glass salad bowl, with an angry look on her face.

"Is she even Italian?" Rosalie asked bitterly, as Veronica put lettuce in the bowl.

"Her name is Bella" Emmett said as if it were obvious.

"Can we add some arsenic to it?" Veronica said, getting a look from Esme.

"No, Veronica. That'll kill her" Carlisle stated, shaking his head at the women, while Rosalie and Emmett snickered to themselves.

"What's your point?" She asked, looking at the blonde male blankly. Before anyone could say anything, the stench of Bella could be smelt by all of them.

"Here comes the human" Rosalie smiled with sarcasm. Esme grinned happily, and waited to greet the girl. When they came into view, a scowl instantly etched itself onto Veronica's face.

"Bella, we're making Italiano for you" Esme smiled.

"Penne a la arsenic" Veronica muttered, gaining a glare from Edward, amused looks from Victor, Rosalie and Emmett, and warning looks from Esme and Carlisle.

"Bella, this is Esme. My mother of all intent and purposes" Edward introduced, as Emmett waved the knife around as a greeting.

"Okay, I'm taking the knife from you" Veronica said, taking the knife from the now pouting man and continued chopping the food.

"You've given us an excuse to use the kitchen" Carlisle smiled, making the twins look at him in offence.

"What are we? Chopped liver?" Victor frowned, making Veronica point the knife in his direction in agreement. The knife was quickly taken from her grasp, making her turn to see a smirking Emmett. Huffing to herself, Veronica moved to stand near Rosalie.

"I hope you're hungry" Esme said, the sound of hope obvious in her tone.

"Yeah, absolutely" Bella lied, causing Veronica to scoff.

"Liar" She said, gaining a small glare from the girl.

"She already ate" Edward stated. The sound of the glass bowl shattering echoed through the room, making everyone turn to see a pissed of Rosalie who stood beside Veronica.

"Waste of perfectly good salad" Veronica muttered, as Emmett moved to wrap his arms around her waist.

"Yeah, it's just that i know that you guys don't eat..." Bella stuttered over her words.

"Of course. It's very considerate of you" Esme said, Veronica could smell the slight sadness coming from the woman. Her blue eyes fixated onto the Swan girl, a glare so heated that Bella would instantly turn to dust.

"Just ignore Rosalie. I do" Edward said to Bella. Veronica didn't like that and wanted to give him a piece of her mind, but it seemed Emmett knew what she was thinking and tightened his hold on her.

"Yeah. Let's just keep pretending like this isn't dangerous for all of us" Rosalie stressed, glaring at Bella.

"I would never tell anybody anything. And what about the twins? They know about you, yet you don't seem to hate them" Bella fired back, making everyone but Esme and Carlisle growl in anger.

"My sister and I have been alive since 1830. We're mutants, which means were not human" Victor said pointedly.

"I'm surprised Eddie didn't tell you, seen as he likes to say things he's not meant to" Veronica added angrily, while glaring at the two.

"She knows that" Carlisle spoke up, giving Rosalie a look.

"Yeah, well, the problem is, you two have gone public now, so...." Emmett pointed out, while rubbing his mates back to calm her down.

"Emmett" Esme warned.

"No, she should know. The entire family will be implicated if this ends badly" The female Hale explained. Veronica could feel her distress, so she grabbed the woman's hand giving it a light squeeze.

"Badly, as in...I would become the meal" Bella stupidly said, making the family laugh.

"You picked a good one, Ed" Veronica whispered, getting a small glare in return. Not too long after, the remaining of the family arrived through the open window. Alice smiled slightly at the human girl, and gave her a small hug.

"I'm Alice. Oh, you do smell good" The pixie breathed out, standing back next to Victor, while Ian comforted Rosalie. Smelling Jasper's emotions, Veronica moved out from Emmett's arms, and hooked her arm through Jasper making him less tense.

"Sorry, Jasper's our newest vegetarian. It's a little difficult for him" Carlisle spoke, when he noticed the uncomfortable look on Jasper's face.

"It's a pleasure to meet you" Jasper said stiffly, gripping his mate's hand tightly. Bella went from looking uncomfortable, to looking at Jasper with a flirty smile.

"It's lovely to meet you too, Jasper" She smirked. Edward seemed to be the only one who didn't notice the way Bella's spoke to Jasper. Carlisle and Esme looked to each other with uncertainty, then looked to Veronica who looked murderous.

"It's okay, Jasper. You won't hurt her" Alice said, looking to her best friend in comfort.

"No, but i just might" His mate muttered to herself, but the vampires heard her.

"Alright, I'm gonna take you on a tour of the rest of the house" Edward said, already leading Bella out of the kitchen and upstairs. When they were gone, they all relaxed slightly.

"Did you feel what she felt when she spoke to you?" Veronica asked Jasper, already fed up with the human girl.

"Yes, i did. Lust and want. She feels that for Ian, Emmett and Carlisle too" Jasper said, placing a kiss on the side of his mates head to relax her.

Now, it wasn't just Victor and Veronica suspicious of Bella. The rest of the family felt that way too, and they just hoped that Bella won't do anything stupid.