Chapter 9

A week had gone by, and Edward was back home. Veronica had told the family all about the dinner, even warning Edward about Bella's emotions towards his brothers and her brother. Edward didn't really believe her, and made sure to voice his thoughts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In biology, the twins were in the usual seats with Edward in front of them. A familiar scent entered their noses, indicating that Bella had just walked into class. This time Edward didn't tense up like he did last time, and he watched the girl with pure interest.

Walking over towards Edward, Bella quickly glanced at the twins sending Victor a small flirty smile and a glare at Veronica. When she saw Edward, an awkward smile appeared on her face as she sat down next to him.

"Hello. I'm sorry, i didn't get to introduce myself last week. I'm Edward Cullen. You're Bella?" Edward spoke softly, looking towards Bella.

"Great deduction, Sherlock" Veronica muttered, making Victor snicker to himself but Edward made no effort to react.

"Um, yes" Bella responded, just as the teacher started the lesson.

"Onion root tip cells, that's what's on your slides right now--" Veronica already knew what to do, so she just let her mind wonder into her thoughts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the rest of the day, the Creed twins and the Cullen's/Hale's had to listen to Edward complain about how he can't read Bella's mind, and how he wants to get closer to her.

Of course the other's didn't like the idea of their brother/best friend getting close to a human, especially seen as she was his blood singer.

In the parking lot, the group were all standing near their cars. Bella, like always, was standing near her truck and was staring at them.

"Why must she stare at us? Fucking hell she's annoying" Veronica sneered, crossing her arms angrily.

"Veronica, please--" Edward started, but the woman cut him off.

"No, Edward. I keep telling you that there is something off with her, that she has bad intentions. Have you not seen how she stares at you, Ian, my mates and brother? Jasper and i can feel and smell her emotions, remember?" She argued.

"You're wrong, Veronica. Obviously your blood hound nose isn't working" Edward spat back, making both her mates and brother growl at him.

Before anyone could add to the small argument, the squealing of car tires could be heard, making everyone in the parking lot see a van swerving towards Bella.

Without thinking, Edward used his vampiric speed, and stopped the van from crushing his blood singer.

While the humans screamed in fear, the family watched in disbelief and quickly hopped into their cars. The twins followed behind the others to their house.

"What do you think is going to happen?" Veronica asked her twin in worry. Both of them were worried about their mates and family, they were worried something bad was going to happen, because of Edward's stupidity.

"I'm not sure, Ronnie. But you and i both know that she won't let that go. There will be questions" Victor answered, looking away from the road to his sister who was biting her nail out of habit.

"Vic, i have a bad feeling about this. If she finds out about them, she either has to be turned or be killed. To be honest, i prefer the latter" The woman snickered at the end.

When they arrived at the house, they quickly walked inside and met up with the others, minus Edward and Ian. Veronica went to her mates, sitting between the two both of them placing a hand on either of her legs.

"Are you okay, babe?" Emmett asked, as if he could already feel what she was feeling.

"I'm just worried" She answered, biting her lip.

"Everything will be fine, dear. I'm sure Edward will make the right decision" Esme spoke up in her motherly tone.

Jasper hated seeing his mate in distress, making him send of wave of calm her way. Her body became relaxed, her eyes meeting Jasper's and mouthed a 'thank you'. The vampire placed a sweet kiss to her temple, and gently rubbed her waist.