Chapter 32 - The Eggs

(Lopi's POV)

I stared in shock at the 4 black eggs in front of me. "These are yours eggs?!" I say to her suprised. "Yes they are mine. I was quite suprised too when they told me I was having eggs." Velvia said to me. "I layed them a few days ago. I wanted it to be a surprise for you." Velvia said. I was still in shock. I thought it was just a illness that Vel was having but no.

 It was eggs?!

 That was the last thing I was expecting. "When are they going to hatch?" I ask Vel. "In about 9 months. Probably mid-winter like most of the other eggs here." Velvia said to me. I wonder who are parents are going to feel about this when they come back.

 "How do you think mom and dad are going to react when they come back." I ask Vel. "I don't know. Hopefully they are going to be happy." Vel said. I continued looking at the eggs. All of them were black with spots on them. 2 purple, 1 white. 1 green

. "Well I am very excited for you! Congratulations!" I say to Velvia. "Thanks. I can't wait for them to hatch. Thunder is also waiting too." Vel said. "You guys have been only together for a few months and you are already having eggs?" I say to Velvia confused. 

Usually couples wait a few years if they wanted to have any eggs. "Well I told you all the great things about him. He would be a perfect father. You know how perfect he is." Vel said. Vel would always tell me how great Thunder was. It kind of got annoying at times to be honest. "I should tell Melora about this. She would be so happy for us." I say to Vel.

 "You should. I bet she will be happy." Vel said. "I should go to that right now. See you soon." I say to Velvia. "Bye. Tell me what see said later." Vel said to me. I walk out of the hatchery and back outside met with the bright sun. I can't believe that actually happened. I would never expected Vel to have eggs in years. Or even to get into a relationship. When she was about my age, she hated love and romance. She would always avoid it. Now I guess she is the complete opposite. It is time to tell Melora about all this. She would be super happy and excited. I can't wait for her reaction. I arrive at Melora's house and knock on the door.

 It opened and Melora was there to greet me. "Hey Lopi! I am happy you could make it. Come in!" Melora exclaimed. I walk inside the house, ready to tell Melora about all this. "So what did Vel tell you? What is good?" Melora asked me excitedly. "Yeah it was something I didn't expect to be honest." I say to Melora. "What is it?" Melora asked

. "Well Vel showed me that she had eggs!" I exclaimed. "Wait really! That's amazing! I am so happy for her!" Melora said happily. "Me too. I never thought it was that. I thought maybe she got sick or something. Never thought it was eggs." I say to Melora.

 "What color spots were they. Whatever the color the spots are usually indicates the eye color of the dragon." Melora said. "Two of them were purple spots. Another was white spotted. And the last one was green spotted." I say to Melora. "That's cool. You will have to show me the eggs. That's so exciting!" Melora said to me.

 "Yeah. I was confused when Vel showed me. I didn't know what was going on until she told me. Then I was surprised and shocked. I didn't think those were her eggs until she pointed it out." I said to Melora.

 "Is it possible to know the gender of the egg before it hatches?" I ask Melora. "I don't think so. You will have to wait until they hatch to know." Melora replied.

 "When did she say they will hatch?" Melora added. "She said mid winter or on 9 months. I am pretty excited for that day to come." I say to Melora. "Me too. I am very happy for you guys. Hopefully those dragons are going to healthy and happy!"

Chapter is done. Lopi and Melora are super happy for Velvia. See you in the next chapter. We are almost at the end of the book. Hope you guys liked it so far! I forgot to update for like a month so yeah. Ratio.

Word Count: 763