Chapter 2

♡ Noor ♡

We were all seated in the living room when Ammi asked me to make some tea for everyone. I was thankful for this opportunity. I would do anything just to get out of here.

Just when I put the kettle of water on the stove Ahmad Bhaijaan comes inside the kitchen.

"Noorie." He sighs and takes a seat on the barstool near the kitchen counter.

Ahmad Bhaijaan have always been a supportive and friendly Bhaijaan to me. We share a great bond and I share a lot of secrets with him. I'm close to him more than any of my Bhaijaans.

"Noorie, do you know why is Phupho here? She doesn't comes without any reason. Either it's her gain or just for some entertainment." Bhaijaan questions me and I think about his words.

"I don't know Bhaijaan. I am just disappointed because they ruined mine and Aleema's plan for the evening." I voice out my disappointment and I can see Bhaijaan's eyes shining at the mention of Aleema.

Aleema have been my best friend since childhood. We were in same school and then in same college. We are like soul sisters to each other and I know that Ahmad Bhaijaan have been crushing on my best friend for a long time. But the feelings are mutual so no worries. I would be happy if Aleema comes to my home as my Bhabhijaan.

"What did you guys plan on doing?" He tried to sound nonchalant but failed miserably. I controlled the laughter erupting from my throat.

"We had planned on taking you with us on shopping. Aleema wanted to spend some time together. We were busy with our exams and wanted to relax for a bit." I saw Ahmad Bhaijaan's face falling as he realized that he couldn't spend time with his lady love because of these stupid guests. He looked like a child who was told not to eat candies.

This time I couldn't control myself and laughed out at his expression. He looked at me like I was some crazy person.

"Why don't you confess your love to Aleema? Or just go and talk to Bade Abbu and Badi Ammi. I'm sure they will be ecstatic to know that you want to get married." I smiled at him and he looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"You know?" He asked dumbfounded.

"Of course I do. I knew this from a very long time. When you used to drop me off to school and college just to get a glimpse of Aleema." I smiled teasingly and he scratched his neck nervously.

"I wanted to confess but I'm afraid of rejection. What if she doesn't likes me?" I looked at my sweet innocent Bhaijaan who had no clue that the girl about whom he is talking is already head over heels for him.

"Bhaijaan, trust me. Aleema is my best friend and I know her feelings. She likes you as well." I gave his hand a reassuring squeeze.

"What? Really? Oh my God!! Thank you so much Noorie. You are the best." He gave me a bone crushing hug and I returned it whole heartedly.

But what I didn't knew was that their was someone else who couldn't digest the fact that I was hugging someone else.

~ ~ • ~ ~

Zindagi kaisi hai paheli haye
Kabhi to hansaye, kabhi ye rulaaye
Zindagi kaisi hai paheli haye
Kabhi to hansaye, kabhi ye rulaaye

~ ~ • ~ ~