Chapter 12

♧ Hadi ♧

The next morning me and Noor went to a gynecologist. After a few tests the doctor took my number and told me that she will inform me once the reports are received.

While coming back I glanced at Noor who was sitting with me in the car, fiddling with her fingers. Her face marred with worried expression.

Clearing my throat I caught her attention and said in my usual gruff voice "Don't worry, everything will be alright".

Noor tried to smile but failed in doing so. She looked out of the window looking really tensed. Just to ease her fragile self I turned the steering wheel and took the road I didn't wanted to.

I reached the destination I intended for and looked at my wife who is still busy in her nuisance. Getting out of the car I went to her side and knocked on the windshield. She broke out from her reverie and came out of the car.

Finally looking around she realized where we are.

"Hadi?" She asked looking at me with confusion and happiness laced in her voice.

"I've some work in office. You can stay here till evening. I'll come and pick you up while returning home." I said trying to sound normal.

Her face lit up instantly and she ran after nodding her head. I waited for her to reach inside but she stopped in the mid way. Turning back she looked at me for a few seconds, hesitation swimming across her brown eyes.

She came back to me with hurried steps and wrapped her arms around my torso, hugging me lightly. I heard her whisper a small 'Thank You' and with that she was gone.

I stood rooted to the ground for another moment with a hazy mind. And when my senses came back I exhaled a shaky breath trying to calm down.

Even after touching every inch of her skin why does this touch feel so intimate. Even after having sex with her all these years why does this small gesture feels so special.

Because it's the first time she initiated something by her own. She came close to me willingly.

This same scenario kept repeating in my mind all day long. I was extremely happy that finally our relationship is getting improved.

My happy thoughts were interrupted by the loud ring of my phone. Glancing at it I found it was our Gynecologist.

"Hello?" I asked picking up the call.

"Hello Mr. Hadi. I just wanted to let you know that the reports are received and it will be nice if you come and discuss it with me."

After giving her a positive response I thought to visit hospital. I gave Noor a call and told her that the reports are out and I'll be going there to receive them and she should go back home with help of Ayaan Bhaijaan or Abbas.

I can sense her nervousness on the phone and assured her that everything will be alright.

With that being done I was in front of the doctor within next 40 minutes.

"What you wanted to discuss doctor?" I asked trying to sound calm and composed. But what I heard after that made every brain cell of mine to dislocate. I felt my world spinning and my breathing became erratic.

"Why?" The only thing that left my lips as a mere whisper.

~ ~ • ~ ~

Taaron bhari ek raat mein
Tere khat padhenge saath mein
Kora jo panna reh gaya
Ek kaanpte se haath mein
Thodi shiqaayat karna tu
Thodi shiqayat main karun
Naraaz bas na hona tu,
Zindagi...

~ ~ • ~ ~