Chapter 5

♤ Ayaan ♤

It's been two years since Noor's marriage. And I'm still in love with her. Sometimes I feel crazy. It's wrong to have feelings for someone else's wife, but then loving someone is never wrong.

She comes to meet us sometimes with Hadi. But much to my dismay she never stays for long. Every time she leaves the house my hands ache to hold her. But if she is happy with her life then I am satisfied.

It is going to be my brother's wedding in two days. Yes! He finally proposed Aleema. My family liked her already because she is a sweet and loving girl.

I'm happy for my brother. At last he got his love. I wish for their happily ever after.

My chain of thoughts was broke by a knock on my office door.

"Bhai, please let's go. Office time is over and Noor is coming over. I am excited to meet her." Abbas said with a pleading look. Because of me my brothers had to stay back in office for extra hours. They didn't like to leave me alone and I didn't had any reason to go back home. Because of marriage Ammi had prohibited Ahmad from coming office so it left only me and Abbas.

After Noor left I didn't feel like staying there for long. The house wasn't same without her mischief, her giggles, her love, her care. I didn't had her smiling face to welcome me after long tiring office hours. I didn't had anything to look forward to.

But today, she is going to be there. And I'm looking forward to see her smile which has the power of melting all my stress.

"Let's go." I said with a curt nod and Abbas's face lit up. I think that I'm not the only one missing her. We all love her. She is the youngest in our family and the only daughter. We have always showered her with our love and care.

Throughout the ride my mind was full of Noor's thought. It is nothing new to me because she have always been in my mind. Consciously or subconsciously. She is always the first person to capture my thoughts.

My daze broke when the driver informed that we have reached home and I walked with long strides to get inside the house.

Abbas pressed the doorbell and my heartbeats raced with each passing second.

Chachi opened the door with a small smile and we entered after greeting her. Entering the living room I saw everyone had a sad face and Ahmad was talking to someone on phone.

"What happened chachi? Everything alright?" Abbas had the same question written on his face and we both looked at her with expectant eyes.

"Hadi got caught up by some urgent work the last minute. He and Noor can't make it today. She will be here on the marriage date." She gave us a sad smile and Abbas went straight towards Ahmad to snatch the phone from him and argue with Noor.

All the excitement building up in my heart died that very moment. Giving a nod to chachi I went straight towards my bedroom.

Ya Allah! Please give me the strength to endure this pain. Staying away from her and not even being able to see her face is killing me inside. Please help me. Please.

~ ~ • ~ ~

Mujhe aazmaati hai teri kami
Meri har kami ko hai tu laazmi
Junoon hai mera
Banoon main tere qaabil
Tere bina guzaara
Ae Dil Hai Mushkil

~ ~ • ~ ~