Chapter 3

♡ Noor ♡

I saw Hadi Bhaijaan coming in the kitchen. He gave us a smile and went straight towards the refrigerator to take a water bottle.

"I'll wait for you outside." Ahmad Bhaijaan went out of the kitchen and I went back to pour the tea into the cups. Just when I was done with pouring them all someone held me by my arms and turned me around harshly.

"Why was that Ahmad hugging you?" Hadi Bhaijaan growled but I couldn't answer him because my focus was on the pain which was caused by him.

His grip tightened at my lack of answer. "I asked you something." By now I had tears in my eyes but I can't let them fall. I held his hand trying to free myself.

"It doesn't concerns you. And I'm not obliged to answer your questions." I said looking straight into his eyes which held only anger in them.

His features darkened in anger and he jerked me forward towards him. I was feeling uncomfortable because of the closeness between us.

"Oh, it will concern me and when I have all the rights over you I'll put that mouth of yours into better use." His words left me scared and confused. But before I could question him, he dashed out of the kitchen.

I stayed still on my place for a few seconds then composing myself took the tray of tea out in the living room.

Hadi Bhaijaan was sitting with Ayaan Bhaijaan and chatting like nothing happened. I was still stunned by his words and my heart was still wavering at the thought of his furious eyes.

Suddenly Bade Abbu cleared his throat to get our attention. "You all know that I, Faiz and Adnan have been friends since our childhood. Our friendship and Adnan's trustworthy nature was the reason we married off our sister to him and at the birth of Hadi we had promised Adnan that the first girl in Malik Family will be his daughter-in-law."

My heart stopped beating at Bade Abbu's words. My mind was a total mess. I wasn't able to register anything in my mind.

"And now that Noor's college is over, Salima and Adnan want to get her and Hadi married." Bade Abbu finished looking me in the eyes. I saw him and abbu giving me pleading eyes. I looked at Badi Ammi and Ammi who were looking helpless.

And then there were my supposed to be in laws. Adnan Phupha gave me a warm smile which was able to ease my worries for a second but looking at Salima Phupho the tension came rushing back. And then looking at the smug face of Hadi Bhaijaan my breathing became erratic.

My throat was dry and I wasn't able to form words. I lost my ability to speak. Not being able to stand this anymore I ran out of the living room. I ran to the safety of my room where no one can reach me.

I was sobbing in my room when Ammi came. I had my face buried in the pillow when she stroked my head.

"I know you don't like Hadi but this isn't just about your likes and dislikes. This nikaah is about your Abbu's and Bade Abbu's promise. We have always loved you but please try to do this for us." Hearing Ammi's words I sat up on the bed and wiped my tears with the back of my hand.

"Ok Ammi. I'll never disappoint you all. For my family I'll do everything I can." I said with determination in my eyes. She cupped my cheeks lovingly and kissed my forehead. She prayed to Allah for my protection.

But what I didn't knew was that my decision to give Hadi one chance was going to break me down.

~ ~ • ~ ~

Chal, chal ve tu bandeya uss galiye
Jahaan koi kisi ko na jaane
Kya rehna wahaan par sun bandeya
Jahaan apne hi na pehchaane

~ ~ • ~ ~