Chapter 30

♡ Noor ♡

Aleema dragged me through the hotel corridor and straight to his room. I'm sure by this time the hotel staff is going to think that we are the descendants of night owls.

We waited for him to open the door, "Noor? Aleema? What happened?"

"We need to talk." Aleema said and I can see colors draining from Ahmad Bhaijaan's face. Aleema pushed past him straight in the room holding my hand and sat on the couch with me on her side.

Aleema gave him a hard glare and I saw how much it affected him. His ears turned red and his face contoured into that of a nervous one. He was rubbing the back of his neck by now looking down at the floor.

Aleema opened her mouth to shoot the menacing questions but before that he blurted out the unexpected.

"Look, I'm sorry that I wasn't careful enough and caused the wreck but you should know that it wasn't intentional. It slipped from my hand just by mistake." I had my widened eyes looking at him and shaking my head to warn him from running on the burning coal.

He looked up at Aleema and then at me. The expression on his face told me that he understood what he did. He fucked up.

"What is it that you didn't intended to do but ended up doing anyway?" Aleema asked with a sinister look on her face that gave off her inner dominant.

Damn. Sometimes I think if I should feel sorry for Bhaijaan or what. Because I pushed him to the doors of marriage even after knowing that he is going to fall prey to my bestie. But serves him right for eating my chocolate ice-cream all the time.

"Babe - I just -" I saw him beating like a sheep and laughed the evil laughter in my mind.

"Ahmad." Aleema said in a no nonsense voice and that had him spitting the truth.

"Babe, I'm sorry. I just didn't wanted to do it. I was just trying to check for myself that why is that god damn thing pocket prickling expensive but then Noor came from behind and I was startled and then it fell." Bhaijaan ranted out in a go and then squinting his eyes he said, "Your pink M.A.C. lipstick."

Dhum tana na na na.

And here the Earth splits and the volcanoes burst. The sky is thundering and we see a storm brewing. Did I exaggerated? Nevermind. I grew up watching Indian T.V. serials with Badi Ammi and Ammi.

Wait, weren't we here for my problem? But never mind. Who doesn't likes a little drama? Specially when your best friend is about to explode on her husband and that oh-so-poor  husband happens to be your brother. I might even grab some popcorn.

"You did what?" The look in Aleema's eyes scream pure destruction. She took a step forward ready to plunge at her prey.

"I ordered a new one." Bhaijaan mewled cowering in fear.

Aleema relaxed visibly taking deep breaths and watching her calm self Ahmad Bhaijaan came forward and held her hand.

"I'm sorry. It was just a mistake. I'll make it up for you." Bhaijaan said rubbing her palm with a cute face.

Well, these two idiotically important people of my got lucky to have each other.

"You wanna make it up for me right." Aleema asks and Bhaijaan nods frantically. "Then tell me, is it true that Bhaijaan loves Noor?"

And now I can feel my heart thundering in my chest. I notice the shock on Bhaijaan's face and how his eyes widened.

"How do you-" He managed to utter after opening and closing his mouth for while.

"Just answer me honestly or you are sleeping on the floor." Aleema threatens.

"Wait. Shouldn't it be couch?" Bhaijaan asks looking confused with his brows furrowed.

"You are already going to sleep on couch for touching my lipstick." With a smile as sweet as witch Aleema gives off the information. "Now, Bhaijaan loves Noor or not?"

Bhaijaan's adam's apple bobs as he swallows hard and then looks at me with a nervous smile. I look at him with urgency and then...he nods.

He clears his throat and then says "Bhaijaan loves Noor."

"I-I need to go." I rush out of the room because it's getting hard for me to think. I don't know what should I do with this information.

It's confirmed. He loves me.

~ ~ • ~ ~

Baat Dil Ki Nazron Ne Ki
Sach Keh Raha Teri Qasam
Tere Bin Ab Na Lenge Ek Bhi Dum
Tujhe Kitna Chahne Lage Hum

~ ~ • ~ ~