Chapter 22

I'M FINALLY BACK!!! Track season and exams is/are over, but the summer is starting. I will try to update during the summer but I will also be enjoying my vacation. Updates will continue to remain slow until the next school year (2 months), when I fall back into a rhythm. I will pre-write as many chapters as I possibly can during the summer so I can publish every 2 weeks at least, without having to worry about homework. I will also go through all the chapters and edit them. Thank you for sticking with me! <3

Any other update information can be found in the 'conversation' part of my profile, feel free to post questions as well!

Hitoshi POV

I was in Killua's and Gon's room. Safe to say little Kil was surprised.

Hisoka won his match with Kastro (obviously) and was getting ready for his fight with Gon (whenever that was supposed to happen).

I was bored, Kil was bored, it all made sense. We were simply being bored together.

"So," Killua started, "what brings you here?"

I let the translator person from my phone speak again, "Bored."

"Yeah I got that much, but why come here?"

"Brotherly bonding? I don't know, my cat said you were spying on me. I wanted to come see you."

"Your cat said...? You have a cat that talks..?" Killua was bemused.

"You haven't met Nyx? I thought you had."

"No, I- wait, did you befriend the cat that was terrorizing Mike back home."

"....Maybe?"

"Hitoshi, do you have any self preservation?"

"Would I be sitting here if I did?"

"Touché." Killua smirked, "You know, now that I know you're not plotting, and somehow became a part of my family, you're not so bad. I think we might actually be able to get along, Hitoshi Zoldyck."

Well ain't that something, the little assassin finally not trying to kill me. "I do believe this might be the start of a great partnership. You have my number correct? Just call me when you need something and I'll be there."

"Same to you."

"Now, ready to watch Hisoka and Gon go at it?"

"Yeah, I'll turn on the TV."

"You're not going in person?"

"Nah, you'll walk me through it, besides I don't need to be seen associating myself with you out in public."

"If you say so." I turned to look at the screen. My relationship with Killua is slowly turning around, not quite comfortable, yet not quite uncomfortable.

"Gon's not doing too horrible. He has potential just as you do." I said.

"Can you teach us?" Kil asked.

"What? Like teach you nen?"

"Yeah."

"Why not ask Illumi? Or anyone else?"

"My parents expect things from me, things I'm not ready for. I want to enjoy my freedom for a little longer, I want to be friends with Gon." He revealed.

"What is it you think I can teach you?"

"You're friends (maybe more) with Illumi and Hisoka, there's bound to be something you can teach." Killua reasoned, still focused on the TV.