Chapter 25

Third Person POV

"Gon." Hitoshi said. The two of them were at a lake. Hitoshi figured it would be best to do his little experiment away from people (he ignored the guilt he felt at using Gon as a test subject).

"I knew it! You can speak!" Gon yelled, excited.

Hitoshi gave him a small smile, "I bet you have a few questions?"

"Yeah, Killua was telling me that his family adopted you?" Gon asked.

"That would be correct." Hitoshi moved towards a rock by the edge of the lake. "Why don't we sit down for this?"

Gon moved to go join him, "Where's Killua?" He asked. Hitoshi pointed to the tree above them. Killua was standing in it, staring (almost glaring really) at Hitoshi. His look screamed: 'Do something and I'll kill you'. "Hey Killua!" Gon greeted. Killua waved at him.

"So why haven't you been talking if you can?" Gon asked, childish innocence written all over his smile.

"It all comes down to my..." Hitoshi hesitated slightly, "nen ability."

"You know nen?!" Gon looked shocked.

Hitoshi nodded, "I hang around with Hisoka, is this really so shocking to you?"

"I guess not, that's cool though." Gon looked up at Killua, "Hey Killua! Did you know Hitoshi can use nen?"

Killua jumped down from his tree. "He is technically my brother, of course I knew." He said.

"Can you teach us?" Gon asked, his eyes sparkled in excitement.

"The teacher you had taught you all you need. If you want to brush up on your fighting technique, I can spar with you." Hitoshi's fingers curled into a fist at his side, a bead of sweat could be seen rolling down his forehead. His eyes flicked to the purple fog surrounding Gon from all sides, he really couldn't contain it much longer.

"You release it, you die." Killua said, his eyes flicking between the fog and Hitoshi.

"What are you talking about Killua?" Gon asked.

"He's talking about my power." Hitoshi explained, "You should be able to see it."

Gon blinked dumbly and looked around, it took him a while before he finally fell back on nen. "This purple fog is your nen ability and you can't control it?" He guessed.

Hitoshi stared at him for a good second before snapping back to reality, "Yes, that would be correct. You're not as dumb as you look."

Gon grinned and gave Hitoshi a thumbs up. Killua smiled as well.

"Sooooo, what does it do?" Gon asked.

"I can control people's minds. The fog is released when I speak." Hitoshi explained.

"So that's why you use your phone to communicate?" Gon asked.

"Yeah." Hitoshi was trembling slightly, Gon didn't seem to notice.

"Then how did you talk to Illumi during the Hunter Exam? He seemed fine afterwards." Gon stated.

Hitoshi froze, it wasn't really a topic he wanted to get into with a 12 year old boy. He shot Killua a look and let go of his power. Killua sprang at him not a second later. He knocked Hitoshi to the ground and pinned his arms. "I warned you big brother."

"Killua, he will be fine." Hitoshi assured him.

"I warned you." Killua repeated, "I didn't want him to feel it." Killua trembled. "I told you exactly how it feels! So why?? Why do this to him?"