Chapter 17 - Temporary (4)

And so, everything went by quietly.

Aaron, Isaac and Alex were at school most of the time.

Alex learned about advanced and specific on how to become a great magician.

However, Aaron and Isaac -since they were younger- learned about science, history, ethic, the universal language, and of course, magic.

At 6 pm on weekdays, Alex would check in on them at the school's arena once his training was over.

On top of the red sand, Aaron rushed toward Isaac at a whopping 50 kilometres an hour. Isaac reacted quickly. He conjured a spear with his all-purpose watch and swung it at Aaron.

While Aaron was preoccupied with the spear, a surge of electricity came out of Isaac's feet and traversed through the red sand.

Aaron narrowly avoided the electrical current by propelling his body into the air with wind magic.

"Ha! That's my win!" Aaron pointed his pistol at Isaac and dived in his direction.

*POW!* A bullet hit Isaac's forehead before bouncing away.

Isaac's hands covered his forehead. "Ouch! That hurt!"

"Really?" Aaron showed him the bullet mode set on his gun: [Practise extra-light bullets].

"Huh."

The trio also worked as members of the Snowrider force. They'd caught many criminals, but neither Aaron nor Isaac had shed enough blood to kill someone, yet.

...

The school year had concluded, and the summer vacations had begun.

On the fifth day of August 2220, Aaron obtained a sniper for his birthday. Much like his pistol, it was an all-purpose weapon that used his mana to operate.

"Wow! It's a sniper! Thank you!"

A few days later, the Amon Guild officially became the new Topaz Guild, it changed its name.

Jacob had renamed the Amon HQ. It was now called the Topaz HQ.

Some robotic flying machines had re-tinted the building and replaced the 'AMON HQ' signs.

Rico had gotten invited to Jacob's office. He was sitting in front of him with an eager expression.

"It's time," announced Jacob.

Rico grimaced. "You're ready? Finally!"

"Yes. We'll send 100 thousand soldiers accompanied by 10 thousand robots. Moreover, I'll send some of our best magicians," Jacob said proudly.

Rico could already depict such a scene. A front line of big heavy machines bombarding the city with light robots just behind them attacking the resistance. Swarms of humans led by experienced magicians would proceed to destroy everything needed and seize the territories.

Jacob looked down. "On the off chance something goes wrong, we have one of 'THEM.'"

Rico was excited; he was dying for a good fight! "Good. Let me participate in this war. I ought to prove to the 'others' that I'm worthy of the 'guild leader' title."

...

And so, the war began.

August 9th, 2220. The first target was on Tremblay's southwest border, Terreverte City. Thousands of people lived in this prosperous trade-oriented city.

"Raise the shield!" The prime minister of the Tremblay Guild, Kevin Bell, oversaw the whole situation from Aspen City.

His black suit, dark leather gloves and refined elegance made him stand out from the older onlookers.

Everyone in the room was observing a large screen, wishing for a miracle.

As Kevin Bell had ordered, a metallic shield came out of the ground and surrounded the city like a giant dome.

Just a few seconds after, the siege had begun.

*Bang!* The first bombardments had started. A few hundreds of autonomous robotic machines had finished positioning themselves. On small hills around the city, they initiated the attack.

*Crash!* The explosion-maniac, Explo, had carved a significant opening in the shield with her red magic canon. Over on the low ground, Rico and his new battalion of humans and robots advanced inside the city.

They swarmed the streets. Most citizens hid inside their homes if they could.

Few of them, mainly magicians, came outside to confront the threat. They all perished.

Rico himself had mercilessly killed a few of them. "Alright! Kill anyone who tries to resist!"

...

Aaron Amon was about to hop into virtual reality when the television suddenly opened.

"BREAKING NEWS! The Tremblay Guild is UNDER ATTACK! War against the Amond Guild, now called the Topaz Guild, has sadly begun. Please stay safe! We will...."

*Bang* Aaron's VR helmet fell to the floor abruptly.

The war against the Topaz Guild had officially begun, and his own brother was on the opposite side.