Chapter 93 - The Fifth Layer (2)

The white-haired woman made eye contact with Gabriella Rivampe.

"Now." The woman mumbled, looking down.

"What did you say?"

The woman's body straightened and expanded, her white hair became brown, and her eyes narrowed. Her voice took on a deeper tone as she screamed, her sharp tongue squirming out of her large jaws. "NOW!"

The reptoid jumped on top of Gabriella, who dashed back and released her wings. Aaron counted twelve more reptoids down the metallic stairs. They were killing the unarmed rebels in the line.

"Gabriella?" He turned and found Gabriella with her claws stuck up the reptoid's brain.

She looked at him with her dark eyes. "I'm fine."

"We have to stop them. I suggest we use wind magic to immobilize everyone. I could-"

"As expected! A fight!" Christopher jumped off the platform and transformed into a wolf. The other werewolves followed him. There were too many people now to use wind magic on everyone.

"Watch out!" Gabriella called out.

Aaron rolled to the side as a reptoid almost punched through his back. The wind mage got up on the platform's edge and unholstered his pistol.

The reptoid advanced to kick, but Aaron sprinted behind him. A bullet to the neck, the reptoid stared into the mage's green-glowing eyes before falling off the platform and collapsing two meters below.

Behind Aaron, Gabriella stuck her claws through another reptoid. They looked below. As armed rebels had arrived to help, they had also brought along more reptoids. Aaron counted at least fifty of them.

While the rebels and the werewolves had the numbers advantage, the longer the fight dragged on, the more casualties there would be. The reptoids targeted the more powerful fighters and ignored the others as if they had already accepted their inevitable doom. However, that was smart since the weaker ones couldn't get past their scales even if left alone.

Christopher was taking on five reptoids at once. His teeth tore through their sturdy scales, but that wasn't the case for every werewolf, as a dozen had already died.

A trio of reptoids jumped up the platform and landed around Gabriella. Another ran up the stairs by Aaron. The wind mage pushed him down and turned around to help the vampire.

"Gab!" Surrounded, Gabriella couldn't get out in time as one threw her off the metallic platform. A burst of wind stunned them for a few seconds while Aaron slowed down her fall.

"Hey there!" Aaron approached the three greenish-brown guys. Keeping them floating inside a whirlwind, Aaron changed his pistol's firing mode with his left hand.

[Explosive bullets]

-Bang! Bang!

The two lizard heads popped like balloons.

"WAIT!" Horrified, the last one cried.

-Bang!

Aaron would have gotten blasted five metres back if it weren't for his wind magic working against the gun's recoil. The three reptoids fell to the ground: three headless bodies.

Gabriella was flying up when a reptoid jumped and grabbed her leg. He forced her back down where another was waiting for her.

"Dammit! Their numbers keep growing!" Two more reptoids stood before Aaron as he jumped off the platform.

-Krrrk!

"What's the sound?" Aaron looked out front. The gate to the Second Layer was opening.

'More reptoids? How?!' Aaron couldn't stop to think. He fired at his two opponents and dodged their attacks.

Instead of reptoids, two humans walked through the gate. Catching a glimpse as he jumped above the reptoids' heads, Aaron instantly recognized one of them.

"Hey, Isaac!"

"Isn't that Aaron?" Isaac approached the conflict alongside Anne Galewood.

Curious, she looked at him. "Who?"

Aaron shouted again. "The reptoids are the bad guys here! Help us!"

"We got it!" Isaac rushed in the mixed mass of werewolves, humans, and reptoids.

Anne and the army were following right behind.