Chapter 60 - Obscure Guild (15)

Seth glanced in the rearview mirror and saw the werewolf gaining up on their car. He was faster than it.

'Frederic Locus,' he thought, 'The werewolves' Alpha. He had participated in the Topaz war two decades ago. If there's anything I've learned from fighting him once before, he attacks with numbers.'

The old mage knew that they couldn't fight him in their circumstances. They needed to leave here immediately, or all the werewolves in the city would join in on the pursuit.

"Everyone, shoot at him."

Isaac Tremblay reached out of his window and shot multiple red magic beams. Ejiro did the same but with light magic. Luo cast blue fire at the target. Finally, Aaron took a shot with his sniper, hitting the Alpha's forehead.

Yet despite their combo attack, Frederic pushed through unscathed and kept running toward them. They'd only bought a few seconds.

"He's invincible!" Aaron exclaimed. "My sniper's on super heavy bullet mode, enough to explode someone's head off, yet Frederic doesn't even have a bruise!"

Gabriella knew a bit about werewolves, having spoken to a few when she stayed in the Obscure Guild. There was a common weakness that both vampires and werewolves had.

"Silver! He's a werewolf. You need to hit him with silver!" Gabriella told Aaron.

She looked around while they kept shooting at Frederic and his expanding gang. Finally, she found the silver handle on the door and ripped it off. Her hand was burning slightly.

"Here, Aaron!"

Aaron hurriedly pulled out his sniper's magazine. It was barely large enough to take in the handle. He stuck it back on and applied mana to his gun.

[Forged 5 Silver Bullets]

He had successfully forged silver bullets. He wasn't sure if the ammunition was strong enough to beat an alpha, but he peeked outside anyways. Even if their vehicle was invisible and teleported continuously, Frederic's formidable sense of smell sensed each of the seven mages. They couldn't escape without beating him.

-Bang!

Unaccustomed to his new bullets, Aaron missed his first shot.

-Bang!

The second one just barely scraped Frederic's spiky hair.

-Bang!

He missed again. Frederic had become aware of his silver bullets.

-Bang!

He shot one last bullet before the werewolf retreated to the other side of the road, out of his view range. This time Aaron had stuck a bullet in the angry Cursed's shoulder.

The Alpha grunted, but it wasn't enough to stop him. As Aaron had feared, the silver bullets weren't strong enough to beat an alpha.

"Dammit! I can't get a proper shot from here!" Aaron rushed to Isaac's window, and they exchanged seats.

-BANG!

This time, he aimed perfectly. His scope pointed directly at Frederic's eye. It would've been a direct shot if it wasn't for the intervention.

Another werewolf had jumped in the bullet's way, took it, and stumbled dead to the side of the road.

Frederic Locus howled again. His pack had arrived. Tens of other wolves swarmed the streets all around.

Jenna took the highway while she desperately tried to avoid the swarm. She wasn't a professional car driver but an aircraft pilot. There was an enormous difference between flying and driving on the road.

Aaron gritted his teeth. "There are more werewolves, but they're smaller! Guys, try to fire at them!"

This time, fire, light and red magic proved effective. Although still not powerful enough to kill them, their magic could injure most werewolves.

But everyone knew it was only a matter of time before they'd break down their armoured vehicle.

"Gabriella, did you find any more silver?"

"Give me this!" she tried to reach for a silver key near Seth's seat. He handed it to her.

"Here- Ouch!" Despite being much less vulnerable to silver than most other vampires, Gabriella's hand now had a pretty clear burn.

[Forged 2 Silver Bullets]

Aaron couldn't shoot at the Alpha amongst the swarm of beasts and black cars. So he fired basic bullets to clear the way.

"They're catching up!" Shouted Seth. He was getting exhausted. He couldn't teleport their vehicle much more before falling asleep from mana exhaustion.

"Seth, how many more times can you teleport us?" Asked Jenna.

"Less than five!"

Jenna saw a risky opportunity up ahead. They were on the highway, far above the ground. "Then we'll do it my way. Aaron, help me. We're going to fly!"

She turned the wheel abruptly, and the vehicle fell off the road. There was another road, deserted, up ahead. However, they had to pass a precipice to get to it.

All their pursuers stopped. All but one, Frederic jumped without a second thought.

-BANG! BANG!

Squeezing the trigger like he was trying to finish off a spider, Aaron successfully landed his two silver bullets, splitting the werewolf's head apart. Moreover, he only did it with a single hand. His other hand was busy casting wind magic to push to vehicle toward the road.

Frederic's corpse hit the ground. He regained his human form, but even with the best medical attention, nobody could revive him. Meanwhile, the seven mages safely escaped.

Let's get out of here, Jenna."

"Of course, Seth. Where's the next secret passage?"

The secret passage was well hidden. Even with a tracker on Aaron and an increased sense of sent, none of the werewolves found the path. As such, they lost them.