Chapter 3: Dysfunctional Family

The rest of the day went by pretty fast, and luckly for me I didn't run into thoughs bully's from earlier. Later Michael noticed that I was walking home by myself and decided to walk with me.

And it turns out by some strange coquincedence I only live about two houses down from him.

"Your house is pretty big, do you live here with your parents?" I asked.

"Well with one parent amd two sisters.Were not much of a family anymore" said Michael in a serious voice.

"Why is that?" I askes trying not to sound nosey. "Because ever since my dad died a few years ago, my mom got a new boyfriend named Ronnie. He's a real dick."

I couldn't help but laugh at the word dick, but quickly swallowed my laughter when I saw the hurt look on his face.

"As for my older sister Judith, she doesn't care about anyone but her boyfriend. The only family I feel close to are my mom and my little sister Boo".

"Michael..I understand how you feel, I lost my parents last year in a car accident, now I have is my grandpa. So if..you ever feel alone..im here for you."

The whole time I said that I was looking down feeling embarrassed and shy, but I truly did mean what I said.

And I guess Michael must have believed me, because before I knew it, he had his arms around me in a tight bear hug.

"Thank you Melody, that means alot to me. See you tomorrow" he said before he went inside his house.

I practically ran home afterwards, I couldn't wait to tell Grandpa about everything that happened.

Soon the weeks went by and Michael and me were the best of friends. Of course since were always seen together, people would make fun of us and say we were boyfriend and girlfriend. We just chose to ignore it and do our own thing.

Soon Halloween came, that morning me and Michael werw hanging out in his room, listening to "The monster mash" song.

I was sitting on Michael's bed, dressed in jeans and a white mermaid shirt, my black hair was pulled up into a ponytail.

As for Michael, he was dressed in a black KISS t-shirt, wripped jeans and a clown mask from his costume he was gonna wear tonight.

From downstairs we could hear his mom arguing with Ronnie again, and Boo screaming and crying. It was so loud that we couldn't hear the music anymore.

"Sorry about this Mel", Mel was the nickname Michael had given me and I loved it!!

"It's okay Michael, it'll pass. Are you excited about tonight?" I asked wanting to change the subject. Michael shrugged, "I want to be, but my mom's gonna make Judith take us and you know how she is."

I sighed, Judith really was as mean as Michael described her, kinda made me glad to be an only child.

"To bad your mom's busy tonight I know shed take us. Grandpa probably could too, but he's busy tonight too."

"Mel what dose your grandpa do for living?" Michael asked, but before I could answer him a loud banging was made on Michael's door.

"Hey you littel shit, you and your girlfriend get your asses downstairs now!"

When we heard Judith go back downstairs, both of us walked out of the room.

When we were half way down the hall, Michael turned to me and said "Whatever they say to you mel, dont take it personally ok." I nodded and kept telling myself that soon school would start.

The whole time at breakfast, I could bearly eat cause Ronnie kept giving me pervy looks. "Ignore him sweetie he won't do anything" said Ms. Myers with that beautiful smile of hers.

I wanted to believe that what she said was true, but ronnie just kept giving me that creepy look.

I looked over at Michael and even though he had his mask on, I could tell by the shape of his eyes that he was angry.

"Come on Mel, we got school" said Michael as we got up.

I fallowed behind him and quickly said goodbye to everyone. When we were half way out the door I heard Ronnie call out, "Remember cutie if you get tired of hanging out with that freak Im always available".

Of course right after he said that Ms. Myers got mad and started yelling again. I was emberassed to even even say anything as we walked. And from what I could tell Michael was to upset to even say a word.