Chapter 1

"Come on Pikachu!" Ash Ketchum and his partner, Pikachu, were racing back to Cerise Labratories. They along with Goh had just returned from a research trip in Unova and were in a hurry to reach the lab. 

"Slow down, Ash!" Came Goh's voice. "I know the professor said he had something to tell us, but can't you hold up a little?" 

Ash turned around while jogging in place, eyes shinning excitedly. "I can't! I'm too excited!" his knees still pumping and his mind filled with pictures of new and exciting pokemon, he took off after pikachu to make up for lost ground.

"That Ash," sighed Goh. He picked up the pace and followed after the incredibly energetic trainer up the steps of the lab.

The research fellows entered the lab. Goh colapsed on the ground panting while Ash found the professor. Professor Cerise was sitting at a table in the dinning room, calmly sipping a cup of steaming coffee when Ash barged in, stars in his eyes. "Professor! What's the big news you wanted to share!?!?!" Cerise was so taken aback by Ash's sudden apearance he jumped and spilled his burning hot coffee all over his no-longer white lab coat. He shouted in suprise and then again in pain, sighing as the coffee on him cooled off and turned to look at Ash, who was still oogling at him in excietment. 

"Well, someone's certainly excited," he noted. 

Ash, oblivious to the incident and thinking a new pokemon had been discovered, started rapidly voicing his thoughts. "Did you discover a new pokemon? Is it here? How powerful is it? Can I battle it?"

Cerise talked as he cleaned up his spilled coffee. "Huh? Oh, the news I wanted to share isn't about a new pokemon." Ash slumped in disapointment. The Professor turned to look at Goh who had just entered the room with Chloe and eevee. "I wanted to talk to you about a new pokemon school that just opened in Kalos." The professor made a new cup of coffee. 

At this, Goh got interested. "A pokemon school? Like the one Ash went to in Alola?"

Cerise nodded, sipping his mug. "Yes, only this school focuses on all kinds of aspects of pokemon training and academics. There will be classes on math, english and science, but also pokemon catching, coordinating, performing, grooming, and yes," he looked at Ash, "pokemon battling." The stars that had left Ash's eyes returned twofold at this. 

Goh quickly whipped out his phone and found the school's website. "Wow, it says here that this school is really prestigious! You can only get in if they invite you, and to get an invintation, you have to be the best at what you do." 

Ash looked over Goh's shoulder at the phone, grinning at the photos of pokemon battlers on the school's page.

"Indeed, which leads me back to what I wanted to tell you," The Professor walked over the a drawer and pulled out three envelopes. "You three have been invited to enroll!"

The three had very different reactions to this.

Ash ignored the envelope the profesor was trying to hand to him, instead he excitedly jumped and shouted, "Awesome!" while pikachu jumped off his shoulder shouting, "Pika!" The both of them clearly happy about the news.

Goh calmly acepted his envelope and calmly said "Really? That's incredible!" He started thinking about all the pokemon he could catch and all the things he would learn in school.

Chloe gaped at the invintation. "Huh!?!" she exclaimed in suprise. She was caught off guard. Why was I accepted? She wondered.

The three of them opened their envelopes. They read:

To whom it may concern,

Congragualtions! You have been carefully selected to attend the Kalos Institute of Pokemon (K.I.P) because of your marvelous skills in pokemon battling, catching, performing, research, or coordinating. At K.I.P., you will be able to further your skills in your selected field of pokemon study.