Chapter 38

-Last Friday-

Lysandere sat in a chair in his new home, wich was comfortably clean and spacious. After learning that the plan would work, Giovanni had supplied Lysanderre with one of his suites. Lysandere had never cared much about luxury before his failed attempt to destroy the world, not realising how much he had taken the small things, like cleanliness, for ganted. He admired Giovanni; he was a sucsessful man who knew how to get what he wanted. He hoped the man would see the new world.

Of course, he had to betray Giovanni. And Giovanni would betray him. That was how it would work. Giovanni wanted to blackmail the world; destroy Lumiose city and tell the rest of the world 'you're next' unless they gave him complete power and control.

Lysandere respected that; Giovanni had a clear, tight plan that would work. If Lysandere didn't want something completely different. Lysandere wanted to destroy the whole world, surrender or not, to start a new one. A new world occupied only with the strongest, the worthy. People who wouldn't take others for granted and could stand on their own. A perfect world.

Just then, there was a knock on his door. Xerosic entered. Lysandere smiled; he was good friends with Xerosic. He was a smart man, one who was worthy of the new world.

"Hello, Lysandere."

"Hello, Doctor. Did it work?" 

"Yes. The kill code has been installed. Once we wish to, we can have sole control over the boy's aura and the signal that controls the pokemon." Xerosic explained.

"Perfect. Excellent work, doctor." Lysandere nodded.

Lysandere stood up, re-adjusting his suit and tie, and started to pace. 

"We'll finally be able to complete what we started so many years ago. The world will finally be perfect." Lysandere closed his eyes and took a moment to enjoy the wave of peace that came over him as he imagined the work finished, his dream realised. He soon came back to reality. There's a lot more work to be done, he reminded himslef. But we're well on our way.

_________........________

"Matori, get Lysandere to my office. I wish to speak with him." Giovanni was still a bit cross with Matori, but since Lysandere had brought it to his attention that the raid had failed because of a powerful trainer, child or not, he was less strict with her than he might of been. Besides, she was loyal, smart, and most of the time, her plans worked.

"Yes, sir." Giovanni smiled. Power was a wonderful thing. Lysandere was a fool to try and throw it away. They had the oppurtunity to blackmail the entire planet, and he simply wanted to destroy it. People had made incredible things, achived impossible feats, together. Giovanni had found that the most incredible had been done under the leadership of a dictator. To think, Lysandere wanted the survivors to be free after destroying the world. How pitiful. Lysandere might be intelligent and driven, things Giovanni respected in a man, but he wasted it trying to ease a petty chip on his shoulder from years ago.

Lysandere appeared in his office. He looked much better than when Giovanni had seen him last; he was clean, shaven, and dressed in a suit. He no longer looked beaten, though the scars on his face reamined.

"Hello, Giovanni. You wished to speak?" Lysandere asked.

"Yes. I thought it wise to update you on the progress of the machine, as well as some other information."

"Please, continue." Each man acted polite towards the other, knowing full well they intended to betray each other later.

"The machine looks as though it will be done in less than a week. We already had most of the materials on hand from our other project, so construction time was decreased." Giovanni pet his Persian, who was happily sitting beside him, purring.