Chapter 32

After pokemon performing class, Serena headed back to her dorm. It was Friday night, and she was planning to take a walk around Lumiose city to look at the shops and resturants. Before that, though, she was going to drop off her backpack and homework on her desk.

When Serena entered her dorm room, she found Dawn sitting on the couch texting someone. "Hi Dawn! I'm gonna take a walk around Lumiose. Wanna come with?"

For some reason, Dawn seemed quite off-put by this information. "What? You're not gonna chill here?"

"No. Since it's Friday, I thought I'd do something fun."

"Oh, okay. Where will you be going?"

"I was just going to wander."

"*Hmm, Gary's not going to like that....*"

"What was that?"

"Nothing! I'd love to come with! Let me just grab my bag." Dawn grabbed a bag  and followed Serena down the hall, texting the whole way. That girl really should get off her phone now and then, Serena noted.

________........________

When Ash entered his dorm room Friday he found Gary on his phone.

"Sup, Gary?" Ash threw his backpack on his desk and took out his homework.

"Dawn's helping me arrange a date with Serena for you." Gary didn't even look up from his phone.

"Oh... Thank you?" Ash did not remember asking Gary to help.

"Shoot! Dawn said Serena's taking a walk. That means we're taking a walk, too." Gary roughly grabbed Ash's hand and yanked him out the door.

"Huh? What do you mean?!" Ash said while being yanked.

"We're going to 'accidentaly' meet up with Serena and Dawn. Dawn and I will leave the two of you alone, leaving you to ask Serena the thing." Gary said pointedly.

"Ohhhhh, now I get it. Thank for arranging it, Gary."

"I'm not 'The Oakster' for nothing. Now walk faster!" Gary pushed Ash out the door, Pikachu still on his shoulder.

________........________

Serena and Dawn were looking at some really cute outfits when-

"Hey Serena! Is that Ash and Gary?!" Dawn said, suprised.

"Huh?!" Serena turned around and saw Ash and Gary waking by through the shop's front window.

The two boys and Pikachu were laughing about something hard when Dawn unexpectedly grabbed Serena's hand and dragged her through the store's front door. "Hey guys! I wasn't expecting to see you here!" 

"Hi!" Serena said, trying to compose herself after being dragged through the shop. 

"Oh, hey Serena! What are the odds of meeting you and Dawn here?" Ash said, scratching the back of his head. For some reason, he almost seemed nervous. 

Dawn and Gary led the group forward. "Where are you guys headed?" Serena asked. Ash was never the type to go shopping.

"Gary and I were going to try out the all-you-can-eat buffet that's around here!" Ash said excitedly.

Serena laughed. That explained it. 

What he didn't notice was that in front of them, Gary held up an open ketchup bottle, luring Pikachu away.

"What about you and Dawn?" Ash asked in return.

"We were looking at some of the shops! They have the cutest outfits in some of them. Though, I'm sure you don't really care about that..." Serena said shyly.