11- The UA entrance exam (3)

"Twelve months ago, my quirk awakened"

"Turns out I wasn't quirkless. Just a late bloomer"

In the dark control room, sat the core teaching staff of UA.

Nezu had long picked up on the confrontation between the green and purple heads.

Sensing drama was about to go down, he directly projected it unto the big screen for other's to see as the considerate principal he was. 

Well to be specific, it was for All Might to see.

"It's obvious you hate me."

"And honestly I don't mind that. You're free to like and dislike whoever you want..."

They watched as Shin calmly spoke to Midoriya.

It looked more like a father trying to reason with his rash son.

Seeing this scene, All Might was filled with shame.

Why was Midoriya boy acting this way?

Toshinori had spent 10 months with the kid.

He was well aware that the boy wasn't bad. 

But there's no denying that his actions today were inexcusable.

He would have to correct him well after the exam.

On the side, Aizawa was silent throughout but Midnight and Nezu could clearly notice how red his fists were after being clenched so hard for a long time.

He remembered how the kid smiled brightly as he said he's been doing fine after I dropped him off at the hospital that night.

Is this fine?

From his nonchalant attitude just now, it was obvious he had long but gotten used to such things!

And he just mentioned that his quirk only awakened twelve months ago...

Aizawa got flashbacks to the abandoned warehouse where quirkless corpses laid.

He was well aware how quirkless people were treated nowadays.

Though the recognition of the matter has been more mainstream after the novel, Tokyo Ghoul was released, there's no doubt that many quirkless people are still suffering out there.

Looking at the overly mature eyes of Shin through the projector, Aizawa couldn't help feeling distressed.

...

Battle Center C.

Shin who didn't know he was being peeped on by the UA staff was currently standing before the giant exam gate.

He and everyone else had changed out of their school uniforms and into their sports attire.

Shin wore a simple black tank top with black sweatpants.

He stared at the gate with a piercing gaze.

Shin's goal wasn't to pass but to break records!

All Might's score of 110 was going to be surpassed by him today!

And for that to happen, Shin couldn't hold back.

The gates opened wide and Shin wasted no time charging up Barbatos' strength magic into his legs.

He took off in a flash, leaving the other contestants a bit dazed by the wind pressure caused from his take off.

"Why did that guy go in?"

"They didn't say start yet"

"Sigh... even if he has the looks, his IQ is still lacking a bit"

"Hey! isn't this cheating!"