16- Quirk Assessment Test (1)

"Sensei what about the entrance ceremony? The orientation?"

Uraraka looked panicked.

She and everyone else did not expect to be tested on the first day of school.

"If you're going to be a hero, you don't have time for such leisurely events."

Seeing the new recruits taken aback by his words, Aizawa couldn't help sighing.

Every batch always reacts the same.

"UA's selling point is based on how unrestricted it's school traditions are. That's how the teacher's run their classes."

He walked towards the softball throw obstacle course, "These should be familiar to you correct?"

The class nodded.

"The only difference between your middle school sports drills and here is your quirk usage."

He noticed the glint in the students eyes, "Use your quirks to bring out the highest score possible"

Aizawa's eye's peered through the crowd before stopping on Bakugo.

"Come throw the ball" he tossed the ball at Bakugo and ordered, not giving the boy a chance to refute.

Bakugo who was called calmly walked towards the circle pitch.

"In Junior high, what was your best result for the softball throw?"

"67 metres."

Aizawa nodded, "Well then, try doing it with your quirk"

Once this was said, it was as if a switch was pressed.

The calm face suddenly showed a sadistic smirk.

His palm let out ferocious sparks.

"Die!!" 

Boom

A huge explosion  was detonated and the ball was launched into the air.

Multiple shockwaves could be seen in the distance.

Aizawa remained unfazed and simply glanced at his tracker, "Knowing your limits is the most rational way to form the foundation of a hero."

He displayed the results to the entire class and it set off a storm.

"750 meters? Seriously?"

"This looks fun!"

"We can use our quirks as much as we want!"

Aizawa did not hide the disappointment in his eyes.

"It looks fun huh?"

Shin picked up on the slight annoyance in his tone.

He was well aware that Aizawa did not expel them on the spot because they were just kids.

If they were grown adults, then he most likely would have just walked out without any extra words.

As a top underground hero, he had seen the darkest side of society that even most heroes had not seen.

It was understandable why such words would trigger him slightly.

Most people never have a good reason when they enroll in hero schools.

Many would say they want to help others but those were all lies.

Most have come across beggars on the street- they walked right past them.

They've been informed of charities- they never donated.

They saw the 'help the quirkless' ads on QuirkTube- they tapped skip without any hesitation.