Chapter Six: Bare Souls

When Kane had heard Jamie calling out, his mind had gone blank but for one purpose: protect her. His imagination had run wild with all types of scenarios that could play out, all of them centered on her being in grave danger. The last thing he had ever expected was to barge into her room and find her completely sopping wet. And completely naked.

That had hit him like a ton of bricks.

But the shock had quickly dissolved into maddening lust as he drank in every inch of her voluptuous body. Her breasts were exquisite, large, and pert, the perfect size for his hands. The cold air made her pink nipples pebble and he wiped a hand over his mouth, trying not to imagine how they would taste. Her rounded hips flared out like an hourglass and her legs were muscular and long. He was partially shocked again but also intrigued to see her cunt bare, a rather new trend that surprisingly made his mouth water. And then there was her ass... Christ, it was round, large, and just as perfect as he had envisioned through her jeans. He could immediately see himself bent over it as he took her from behind. The thought alone made him rock hard and he stifled the low growl in his throat to the best of his ability.

"I-I thought you needed help," he croaked. Even to his own ear, his voice sounded raspy.

He could see her throat move. "Yeah, I think I do."

Their gazes locked.

It had been a long, long time since Kane had seen a naked woman, especially one so beautiful. But he had the feeling that even if he was used to it, he would still be as knocked off his ass as he was at this moment.

This woman had taken his breath away.

"C-could you...?" she asked as she gestured toward the towel a few feet from her.

Shaking himself out of his lust-fueled haze, he jumped to grab the towel and hand it to her. Hoping to be chivalrous, he looked away as she wrapped it around herself, the silence between them as thick as fog.

"Thank you," she whispered. "Um... could you help me get to the bed?"

If Kane had thought this woman had knocked him off his ass a few moments ago, he now wondered if she'd caused him to black out. "What?"

Her cheeks blushed a bewitching pink. "My ankle is still broken. I need help..."

"Oh, aye." Without another word, he lifted her up out of the tub.

The only thing worse for his cock-stand than seeing her completely naked was now holding her and knowing what she looked like underneath the towel. Kane hardened himself against the feel of her curves in his arms, the roundness of her bottom tucked in his elbow. He knew with one swipe of the towel, he could have her naked again and that thought simultaneously shamed and excited him.

He laid her down very gently and she tried to avoid his gaze, holding her towel so tightly to herself that he could see the veins in her wrist pop.

"The clothes Catrina left me are right there." She pointed to the standing dresser but not before giving him a quick glance.

Her cheeks were inflamed but he could see her chest heave and her throat swallow again. Her pupils were the size of marbles. Christ, he was in real trouble.

He nodded sharply and handed her the clothes, turning his back to her just as Catrina entered.

"Laird! What-what are you doing in here?"

They both began to speak at once while Catrina looked at them in shock and some amusement, to his frustration. But he finally managed, "Ms. Campbell needed help getting out of the bath, what with her ankle and all... I heard her hollering for help."