Chapter 9: Something Wicked

Kane had not been asleep long when Jamie's shrieking screams woke him. He'd launched himself out of his chair, terrified that she was dying from some sort of poisonous overdose, but he'd started to calm down when he realized she was just having a nightmare. A horrible one from the looks of it, but a nightmare nonetheless. As soon as he began to shush her and rock her in his arms, she quickly settled. The nightmare was over.

But then he had felt her hands cling to his back, her fingers digging into the muscles above his shoulder blades. He could feel her heart pounding against his again after it had initially slowed. Now it was hammering as she gave a soft moan that nearly undid him. Suddenly, his desire to protect her was replaced. He groaned when he felt her shift in his lap, her ass rubbing against his now very hard shaft. Goosebumps riddled her soft flesh.

When he pulled back to look at her, his desire hit a fever pitch. She was looking at him longingly, her gaze as hungry as he surely was. All he could think about was kissing her and as his gaze dropped to her mouth, she licked her plump lips.

All of the doubt, the reticence, the guilt, all of it washed away at the sight of her lustful gaze. Rationality and determination melted as he looked into her eyes and saw the need reflecting his own. He couldn't stop himself. Without thinking, he caressed his thumb over her bottom lip. When she gave a shivering sigh, it was over.

His mouth captured hers in a heated, fierce kiss that she returned breathlessly. Need. Hot, seething, mindless need had taken over his entire body and he groaned at the taste of her. When her tongue pressed to meet his, he pulled her even harder against him, wrapping her legs around his lap so he could slant his mouth over her again and again.

It had been over five hundred years since he had a kiss like this, but he couldn't remember one even being this good. His mouth traveled down her cheek and went to her neck, lightly sucking the pulse point that throbbed. Her sighs had become throaty moans and she ground herself against the ridge of his shaft through his trews, earning her a hard grasp of the hips. Aye, it had been many centuries but instinct and need had guided him back. He had not forgotten the language of love-making or the unmistakable signs of an aroused woman.

Their mouths returned to each other feverishly as she began to grind harder against him.

Christ, he was already about to explode like a lad during his first tupping. Especially when he took one of her breasts in hand and kneaded it wantonly, making her moan even louder.

He broke the kiss to gaze at her beautiful breasts after he unbuttoned the top of her dressing gown, pulling the fabric down over her shoulders so he could see her completely bare.

"Christ Almighty, woman," he groaned, wiping a hand over his mouth at the sight of her breasts again. Her nipples were hard, tiny peaks, jutting out for his touch, eager for his mouth.

He kissed her again, delving his tongue into the sweetness of her mouth, clasping the back of her head so he could explore her at will as his other hand drifted to her panties. Giving her a taste of what he was going to do with the rest of her body.

But just as his hand reached the top of her underwear, she stilled and pulled her mouth away.

"Kane?"

The lustful haze that had filled her eyes was gone and in its place was confusion. Alarm.

His cock was still pulsing, aching to claim her, but he could feel the change in her demeanor.

"I-I thought I was dreaming..."

Of course, she had, he thought.

His body felt as if it had been dunked into a cold bucket of ice water.