Chapter 22: Drowning

They say that your life flashes before your eyes when you die. For Jamie, her life flashed before her eyes when she watched Kane Murdock strip completely naked in front of her.

She was breathless.

His blue eyes twinkled as a satisfied smirk settled upon his lips. "Are you going to join me?"

He was already semi-hard, the full head of his cock straining towards her. She gulped like a fish.

It was a challenge, she knew, and one that she should just forego. They still had not established how they were going to handle this entire situation, and it appeared as if Kane had decided sex was the best way to solve it. Typical male. She should punish him for such a move.

But Jamie's entire body melted at the sight of Kane's impossibly strong and naked one. Like butter on a hot skillet. She could already feel herself getting wet for him. The hunger had begun. And it wasn't like she showed fear in the face of a challenge...

That heady mix of arousal and apprehension spurred her forward. She pulled her hair from its ponytail, shaking it out as he watched raptly. It had gotten even longer over the past month and his eyes held to it. Pulling the sweatshirt over her head, she unbuttoned her jeans teasingly and then slowly began to remove the gray blouse she wore underneath.

His eyes followed every movement.

Wishing she had brought a matching bra and panty set, she watched as his eyes turned to her faded but decent enough bra. When she had been young, she hated having larger breasts. Now she thanked God for them as his nostrils flared.

Their gazes met when she slid her jeans down to the floor and kicked them away. Her heart was a thundering train in her chest as she then reached behind her and unclasped her bra. She could see him swallow as his eyes looked down to her chest; his hand wiping his mouth. Then she pulled her panties down and watched him as they fell to the floor in a puddle of fabric.

"Christ, woman," he muttered hoarsely as he drank her in, his eyes greedy to look everywhere all at once. "Fucking incredible."

As her pulse raced, she clasped onto that thrill of feminine power. Ravenous. That was the word to describe his gaze. She felt like Little Red Riding Hood deep in the woods.

But she had a feeling she was going to enjoy being eaten by the Big Bad Wolf.

Jamie stepped into the tub first, gasping aloud at the feel of the hot, bubbling water. Despite his intentions, Kane had been right. The jets of pressure felt amazing on her sore muscles and she reclined into the tub with a sigh. Weeks of tension and pain eased from her body as she closed her eyes.

She could hear him step into the tub after her, the energy around her shifting with his nearness. He made no move to lunge for her, though. She could feel his eyes on her as she lounged and soaked in the hot water.

"This is heaven," she said as she relaxed further.

A deep chuckle rumbled towards her in response. "No argument there."

Just for fun, she kept her eyes closed. "You enjoying your view?"

Goosebumps raised upon her skin at the sound of his hungry growl. "More than you know."

Her eyes finally opened when she heard his breath start to hasten. Underneath the waves of the pulsing water, she could see his hand dipped beneath the surface, the unmistakable movement of him stroking his own cock. The sight made her liquid.

Before she could think twice, she pulled herself off of the edge and floated towards him, smiling when his other hand reached out and grabbed her. Weightless in the water, he easily slid her onto his lap where his waiting cock stood ramrod straight between them. The tips of her nipples brushed against his wet chest and he groaned when she just barely ran her fingers over the head of his penis.