8

"Goodnight, Mako."

"Night, N/N..."

》♧《

"They were so young and talented... How could this happen?"

"It looked like... an accident. They were running away from that group."

"Was it really just an accident, though? I honestly can't believe that. I can't say it too loudly, but... they were probably killed by that group. I thought so."

"Oh, no... Well, there's nothing we can do about that. I wanted them to live. For our sake, at least..."

"Geez... I wish they lived. No, they should've lived. They had to. For this world..."

》A thin line divides heaven and hell

》♧《

I opened my eyes to see violet ones staring at my (E/C) ones.

"Morning, sleepyheaaaad! You slept through the morning announcement by one minute."

I took probably another minute to adjust the light in my room. "Could you? Get off? Please?" I asked.

Kokichi got off of me and sat down beside me as I sat up. That was the weirdest dream I've ever had.

"C'mon, N/N! Let's go! We don't want everyone to be worried about us!" Kokichi exclaimed. I grabbed the key to my and put it in my pocket before I ran after Kokichi to the dining hall.

Once there, Kirumi made breakfast and we both sat down, waiting for Kaito and Shuichi.

Gonta was talking about writing in the grass before Kaito and Shuichi finally arrived. I turned to Kokichi and whispered to him.

"Hey, Mako? Are you planning something?" I asked.

"I'll tell you later." He replied bluntly.

I took a good look at Shuichi, and something was off about him. I gasped in realization.

"Good morning..." Shuichi muttered.

"Ah... Good morning..." Mugi replied back.

I looked over at Kokichi, and he had his signature grin on his face.

"You finally got rid of that emo hat! Is this cuz Kaede died or whatever?" Kokichi playfully exclaimed.

"So the true protagonist is revealed." I added jokingly.

"Quiet, you male! And... Y/N. Learn some manners, why don't you!?" Tenko yelled, lowering her voice when she mentioned my name.

"Oh, huh, you're not wearing your hat. I didn't even notice." Kaito said.

"And you could stand to learn some manners too, you insensitive jerk!" Tenko insulted.

"N-No, I just... felt like it was getting in the way is all." Shuichi explained. "You don't have to stare... I just took off my hat, it's not a big deal..."