16

Four wax effigies of Rantaro, Ryoma, Kirumi, and Kaede hanging upside down. A gold katana was stabbed into Kaede's effigy. But the thing that stood out to us...

Was Angie's dead body.

~Ding Dong Dong Ding~

Everyone looked at the monitor.

"A-BODY-HAS-BEEN-DISCOVERED." Monodam announced. "EVERYONE, PLEASE-ASSEMBLE-AT-THE-ULTIMATE-ART-LAB."

Monophanie proceeded to throw up.

"Ahhh! She puked again! And it's green this time!" Monotaro shouted. "Monophanie's green puke is said to be an omen of bad luck and disaster! What on earth is about to happen!?"

The monitor turned off.

<Transfer Student From Beyond the Grave>

All of the other's arrived, staring in shock at Angie's corpse.

"Let us pray for Angie." Kiibo said. "So that Atua may guide her soul to the gates of heaven..."

"Atua... please take care of Angie!" Gonta pleaded.

Silent tears fell down Tenko's cheeks.

"H-Hey... Why did it end up like this?" Tsumugi asked. "Didn't Angie... have Atua with her?"

"Well, clearly she relied on a god that doesn't exist. Okay? The only god that exists is an asshole, so therefore her god is also an asshole." I replied.

"Th-That not true! Angie say Atua always by our side! Atua do exist! And he not a-hole!" Gonta fought back.

Himiko stayed quiet.

"We don't have time to be talking about this! Instead of talking about Atua--"

"Yeah! We gotta talk about which one of us is the culprit, and win this killing game!" Kokichi exclaimed, cutting Kaito off.

"W-Wait, this... is part of the killing game?" Miu asked.

"What else could it be? The fact that Angie's dead can only mean one thing..." Maki said. "One of us--"

"One of us heathens killed the life out of her, and started up everyone's favorite game again!" I exclaimed, cutting the assassin off.

"This is no one's favorite game! Why would anyone want to play this anyway!?" Kaito asked.

"Because it's fun." Kokichi replied.

You can hear the period--

"B-But... why would someone do such awful thing!?" Gonta asked.

"Is that really what happened...?" Tsumugi mumbled.

"Huh?" Shuichi muttered.

"It's possible the culprit who killed Angie wasn't one of us, but--"

The Monokubs appeared, cutting Tsumugi off.

Monopahnie puked, again.

"Oooh... A vomit-soaked entrance! How novel! And the puke is green again, too..." Monotaro gushed. "That's a pretty ominous sign."