First Day of Training

As Kakashi was thinking about this he heard someone calling him from behind.

"Hey Kakashi" Kakashi turned back and saw Asuma and Kurenai walking toward him. Kakashi raised his eyebrows as he had started these two together quite often for some time now.

"Hey Asuma, Kurenai. You both seem to be roaming together a lot nowadays."

"Wh-What are you saying Kakashi? This is just a coincidence." Asuma said while giving out a nervous laugh and Kurenai had a little embarrassed expression on her face and she looked the other way.

"Heh...if you say so. I just came back from meeting that kid you trained Kurenai." Kakashi said.

As Kurenai heard that her mood changed instantly from embarrassed to excited as she asked "What did you tell him to do for the test? How did he perform? Did he use ninjutsu or genjutsu?"

Kurenai kept asking a barrage of questions so Kakashi decided to stop her and said

"He put me in a genjutsu without me even knowing and I didn't even feel anything different when I was pulled into his genjutsu which I thought was impossible but now its truly frightening."

As soon as Kurenai heard Kakashi talking about him not feeling anything different she knew he was talking about experienced Shinobis feeling a slight fluctuation like a gut feeling she thought

'So he affected Kakashi's 6th sense as well. Kakashi is a prodigy as well so it does make sense.'

"So what are you going to teach him?" Asuma asked.

"I have read his file but his chakra natures haven't been written on it and I don't even know whether he himself knows them so based on that I will try to teach him some jutsus and increase the efficiency of the jutsus that he already knows. He is an Uchiha so fire is an obvious one." Kakashi said. Kakashi knew that kids nowadays normally don't put too much effort into learning jutsus of particular chakra natures but one thing Kakashi was sure of was that each and every Uchiha had a good affinity to fire chakra.

The three of them talked for a few more minutes and then Kakashi left. He wanted to give Hiruzen today's report but he decided to train Yami for a few days and give Hiruzen an appropriate evaluation.

The next day Yami was waiting at the gates of the Uchiha compound early in the morning. Kakashi was going to meet at 7am and it had already been 7.30. Yami knew that Kakashi had a tendency to come late so he was already prepared to wait. After half an hour that is at 8 am Kakashi came and stood in front of Yami.

"Yo" Kakashi said while waving toward Yami.

"I am sorry I was late actually w...." As Kakashi was about to give a reason Yami just waved his hand and said " No problem, I had a good nap thanks to you" Yami said and turned around walking inside the Uchiha compound. Kakashi had good reasons prepared and the people around him were pretty fed up, so Yami didn't let Kakashi give any excuses

After a few minutes, they reached a training ground that wasn't too deep inside the compound.

"So Yami, Hokage-sama speculates that you must be good at ninjutsu but you have never used even one of them in your duration in the academy. So first, I want to know how you are performing the Justus that you have already practiced many times." Kakashi said.

Yami nodded and they both faced the same direction. Yami performed some hand seals and made and spewed a fireball from his mouth. He kept the size of the fireball in control so as to not shock Kakashi completely but the heat that was radiated from the fireball was not something Yami could control because of his dense chakra.

'The size of the fireball is equivalent to a chunin's strength but how can is his fire so potent? Even though the fire is still a bit far from me I can feel my skin tingling.' Kakashi thought.

"Good, your fire style is really strong Yami."

"Thanks, Mr. Kakashi but in the Uchiha clan fireball jutsu is the first and most basic jutsu we practice so it isn't a surprise." Yami just shrugged. For the next few seconds, Kakashi was lost in thought as he remembered the fails of Obito trying to make a large fireball. Under the mask, Kakashi had a small smile on his face reminiscing about the past.

"So Yami do you know what other elemental chakra attributes you possess?"

"Except fire I have wind and Lightning. While there aren't many people who possess wind attribute the number of lightning jutsus in our village are even rare." Yami sighed. For the past 2 years, Yami had tried a lot to get some good wind and lightning jutsus from the Konoha archives but due to him being an academy student he didn't have much access. He even asked the man who sold him the scrolls and weight behind the clothing shop but to no avail. Turns out Kumogakure taught lightning jutsus to only those who have earned the trust of the higher-ups.

This got Kakashi thinking as what Yami said was indeed true. Yami wasn't Kakashi's student nor did they know each other very well. So teaching Yami Chidori and stuff was out of the question for Kakashi. So in the end Kakashi concluded that he will teach Yami change in chakra nature and even ask Yami if he has anything in mind.

"So what would you like to practice?" Kakashi asked

"I've heard that they call you the copy ninja and you have copied more than a thousand jutsus?"

"Yep that's correct. So you want me to teach you jutsus?" Kakashi was a bit disappointed by it because he had expected Yami to be patient and hold quality over quantity.

"No that's not what I want. I don't want to overload myself with too many jutsus. I want you to use jutsus on me and teach me how to counter them." Hearing this the disappointment that Kakashi had on his face vanished and an expression of surprise could be seen on his face even when he wore a mask.

---------------------------------------------------------

10 extra chapters on Patreon

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in synopsis as well