Meeting Mako Again

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://patreón.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yami continued to practice like this for the next 2 days. He had gotten the hang of it and even made some progress in controlling the wind around him. Though he did try to fly a few times, he couldn't control enough wind to lift his body yet. But he could make his jumps last longer giving him more air time. He also believed that after practicing continuously for a few months, he could glide and maneuver easily in the air.

It was early morning and Yami was eating breakfast. Today Sasuke left early for the academy as he wanted to visit the market and buy a few ninja tools.

'Today is the day I am supposed to meet Mako and get rid of the curse mark on his tongue. Luckily the mission at the bandit valley was wrapped up in a single night. That's why I had enough time to get fine control over devouring law.' Yami thought.

Hiruzen had an Anbu team assigned to watch over the Uchiha compound but the Anbu team was called back a day after Yami came back to the village. Hiruzen was worried that this gesture of protection could be taken as a gesture of suppression by Sasuke or Yami. He couldn't openly say that he wanted to protect the 2 kids from his own friend. And to be sure Hiruzen had set up some barriers on the border of the Uchiha compound and only Yami, Sasuke, Kakashi, and Guy were allowed to enter without any problems. Hiruzen had no doubts about Kakashi's and Guy's loyalty so he gave them free entry with Sasuke's permission. Sasuke was confused as to why all this security but Hiruzen just discarded his doubt saying that this kind of security was given by the village to every major clan. He couldn't just say that Yami and Sasuke's talents are useful tools for this village so he is showing such good gestures.

Yami entered the forest in the Uchiha compound and transformed into Danzo. Due to his bat senses, he had already sensed Mako clearly. Mako as last time was hiding between the two bushes with his ass peeking outside the bushes. Yami came and stood behind him and Mako couldn't even sense it.

'I feel like giving him -thousand years of death- just like Kakashi gave Naruto during the bell test.' Yami thought but he quickly put that in the back of his mind and made a serious face.

*Ahem...Ahem*

Mako quickly looked back and was startled as he fell back to the ground. He stood up and bowed to Yami and said

"Danzo-sama when did you get behind me? I couldn't even sense you. No wonder you are the only one deserving to become the Hokage." Mako removed his mask said some words of flattery in a single breath.

'I am the only one who is in contact with the real Danzo-sama. When he kills that fake Orochimaru then I will definitely be his right-hand man. Hmph those from my batch who surpassed me will kneel in front of me and even die for me.' Mako thought as he was in his own dreams. The past week he had just been imagining becoming the vice-leader of Root and then when Danzo becomes Hokage, he will take over Root and Anbu. Mako's dream to make people from the shinobi world shiver by just hearing his name would no longer remain a dream.

Yami could see the little malicious smile that Mako had on his face as he thought 'What is this idiot smiling about?'

Yami sat on a log nearby and said "Mako first things first. Let me remove that curse mark from your tongue."

"Why Danzo-sama? Wasn't it you who put it on us in the first place?" Mako asked.

"Yes but what if Orochimaru has tinkered with it and put your lives in danger?" Yami responded. He didn't want to go through the trouble of putting Mako in a genjutsu and controlling his heartbeat rhythm like the last time.

"Danzo-sama truly thinks a step ahead of everyone. Here" Mako said as he opened his mouth and stretched out his tongue and there it was 'Cursed Tongue Eradication Seal'. At first look, it looked quite simple as it was 3 long lines and 4 short ones but both Yami and Mako knew that it was full of complications.

"Now close your eyes and even if there is some pain, endure like your trained to do." Danzo said which made Mako nod.

'He definitely looks like a dog now with his tongue out.' Yami thought. Mako closed his eyes and clenched his fists. Yami activated his devouring law and stretched his hand to slightly touch the tattoo. Yami expected that it would burn like normally things burn but the seal started rotating. Slowly the shorter lines started thining and then disappeared.

'I thought burning the seal would solve the problem as that is how I practiced it but this looks like the seal is getting reversed. I wonder why the seals on storage scrolls didn't react this way.' Yami thought.

After a few seconds, the entire seal disappeared and Yami deactivated the devouring law and said "Open your eyes now Mako."

Mako closed his mouth and opened his eyes. His eyes widened and he had a bright smile on his face.

"Danzo-sama you really removed the cursed seal. I can feel that my mind isn't restricted anymore." Mako said.

"Start with the report of what all happened this week?" Yami asked. Mako started telling him about the things that he saw happening in the Root base. He wasn't high up in the chain of command so he didn't have much knowledge. Though he was able to tell that Danzo was pissed because of the presence of Anbu at the Uchiha boundary and even Hiruzen called him to his office to give him an earful. The only thing that caught Yami's attention was that Danzo had sent a root spy to the Land of Sound to bring something.

'Hmm...looks like Orochimaru is sending a Christmas gift to his dear friend Danzo.' Yami frowned as he was thinking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To read 6 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://patreón.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.

I am also writing a novel called 'Soul Spirit Ascension' so please give it a read and shower some of those powerstones.