Hidden Blade

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://p@treon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.

----------------------------------------

After reaching in front of the blacksmith's shop, Yami knocked on the door as usual. After a few seconds, the door opened. But instead of Samo who usually opened the door, this time it was Benji.

Seeing Yami and Sasuke at the door a smile appeared on Benji's face as he said "Yami Sasuke what a nice surprise. Come in both of you."

Yami looked around and asked "Uncle Benji where is Samo? How come you are at the counter today?"

Benji puffed his chest out and said "Father sent him to become an apprentice of a friend of his who is a respected blacksmith in the Land of Iron. Father said that his friend is a very reputed blacksmith in the Land of Iron so I am nothing but a proud dad. Just last week we got the letter that he has become an apprentice."

Sasuke nodded and said "The Land of Iron is a neutral country so it is good for the village that someone higher up there has taken in our village's kid as an apprentice."

Benji smirked and said "When the village found out that he had the chance to become an apprentice, they sent him in a carriage with shinobis as bodyguards. By the way, what brought you two here?"

Yami took out a rolled piece of paper from his hoodie and handed it to Benji. He then said

"I needed this made for me. I won't decide with what to make or who will make it as I believe you and grandpa Jiro can take that decision." Yami clarified.

Benji opened the rolled sheet of paper and started looking at the drawing drawn on it. He kept making different faces like confusion, frowning, and even nods of understanding. He then looked back at Yami and then at Sasuke as he asked.

"Sasuke have you seen this?"

"Nope...he didn't let me see anything. He just dragged me here. We just came back from a long tiring mission." Sasuke said in a slightly complaining tone.

"Yami I must say this is a really innovative design but some part of it is missing." Benji said.

Yami nodded and said "I know that. I do know how to make the mechanism activate through mechanical movements but I wonder if you and Grandpa Jiro can come up with a more effective way to activate it." he said with a sly smile on his face. '

Benji understood that smile as he said "You little devil. You want to trigger the mechanism with chakra. Which means you want to make the blade with chakra conducting metal as well."

"Hehe...you know me well uncle Benji. And not just that, I have another requirement as well." Yami said in a slightly embarrassed tone. He felt like he was already pushing his luck.

Benji narrowed his eyes and said "What more could you want in this?"

"I want the bracers to be thin enough that after putting my hoodie or kimono sleeve on, they should not show any bulk on the outside and I want the bracers to be tough enough that I can stop a sword strike. Not with a chakra nature applied on it though." Yami listed his requirements.

*sigh* "Fine, I do have some ideas but I will confirm them with my father first. This is gonna take a few days Yami and probably some trial and error as well."

Yami nodded and said "Then I will leave you to it uncle Benji." and left with Sasuke.

As they were walking toward their home Sasuke said "Yami if you don't mind can I ask you something?"

Yami looked at his brother for a few seconds and said "Sure...what is it?"

"Why did you have to go alone and kill those shinobi bandits? You could have taken your own squad or me."

Yami chuckled as he patted his brother's shoulder and said "Why are you worrying about such a trivial thing Sasuke? Those weren't exactly shinobis...Some of them were and they are were even weaker than genins. Only their leaders had formal shinobi training while the bandits only used their chakra to get an edge while displaying their strength."

Sasuke was a little relieved after that but then he thought 'What if Yami is only saying this to make me feel comfortable? But he may be right. When he came back, he didn't have any injuries, which means the opponents were really weak. I wonder if I would be able to do something like this.'

The Uchiha brothers both headed toward their home talking about stuff. In another part of the village in the Hokage building, 6 people were in a room. These were Kakashi, Might Guy, Asuma, Kurenai, Iruka, and the Hokage Hiruzen himself.

Hiruzen looked at Kakashi and Guy and said "It is good that both teams 7 and 9 are back from the mission. I had just called Asuma and Kurenai to ask them if they want to enter their squad in the chunin exams."

Kakashi gave Hiruzen a small bow and said "Hokage-sama I apologize for letting a C-Rank mission go to the extent of an A-Rank. I hadn't anticipated this outcome."

Hiruzen waved his hand and said "Kakashi it's not much. I understand why you let the mission continue. I hope that things went the way you wanted in the end." Kakashi nodded and passed a few scrolls to Hiruzen which contained the report and also the severed heads.

Hiruzen read the report while the others waited patiently. He glanced at Guy and Kakashi from time to time. Kakashi had written about Yami killing the shinobi mercenaries and also that except for him, Sasuke and Neji no one knew about it. Hiruzen decided not to discuss anything about the report as the opponents were normal bandits and not Shinobis of one of the five great villages. Hiruzen kept the scrolls aside and looked at Guy and said

"Guy, do you think this time your squad can participate in the chunin exams?"

Hiruzen had stopped Guy from having his team participate in the past 2 chunin exams and Guy didn't ask the reason as he knew that it doesn't matter. For him, the only thing that mattered was the overall strength of his students and Guy was more than happy with his students. Each of his students was stronger than an average chunin. Guy had already guessed that Yami can go against Jonin and even suppress them. As for Lee, he was performing well with Guy's motivation and his training in the eight gates was going better than Guy expected.

----------------------------

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://p@treon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.