Return & Report

After discussing all this everyone continued their journey toward the hidden leaf. In between they did stop to eat and rest for a couple of times but Neji and Lee were mostly quiet. The complicated world was like a spider web for them and they understood that only strength is not the only thing that matters.

After traveling for 2 days the group of 5 reached the hidden leaf village.

"Oh our newest genin squad is back from a mission." a leaf shinobi with tape on his nose said while standing at the gates. His job was to keep a record of everyone who enters and exits the village.

"Hey Kotetsu, We just came back from a week-long mission." Guy said.

Kakashi turned back to look at the 3 genins and said "You three go home and rest. Me and Guy will report to Hokage-sama. Yami I will come tomorrow morning for our ninjutsu practice."

Guy looked at his team and said "TEAM GUY CONGRATS for a successful mission. Take tomorrow day off and the day after that we will meet at the mission assignment building at 12."

The 3 genins nodded and left to go home. As Yami passed close to the gates of the Uchiha compound he sensed 3 people's chakra.

'Looks like the Anbu really did stay here on Hiruzen's orders.' Yami thought as he walked to his home. As he reached home he saw that Sasuke wasn't home. He went to his room and sat on his bed with a frown on his face.

'What the hell went wrong? Why didn't big brother Itachi make any move? Even though he isn't the type of person who comes face to face but his partner Kisame is. I had expected Yuri to leak matters of our arrival to Sasori and then he would mention it to Itachi but seems like things didn't go as planned. I need to find another way to meet him' Yami thought.

___________________________________________________________

Hokage Building...

In the office of the 3rd Hokage Hiruzen Sarutobi, 4 people were looking at each other. Hiruzen was sitting on the Hokage chair reading some papers while Shikaku Nara was standing beside him with a file in hand. In front of them, Kakashi was sitting by the window while Guy was standing leaning against the wall.

Hiruzen kept the papers aside and then looked at Kakashi and Guy and said " Sorry to make you guys wait, so tell me how did the mission go?"

Guy and Kakashi narrated the entire mission from start to end without skipping anything. Kakashi passed some scrolls to Shikaku which contained the goods that hidden sand was trading with the hidden leaf. The extra goods that were found in the bandit's hideout. A scroll containing the corpses of all the Land of Lightning Shinobis. In the end, Kakashi even told Hiruzen about the sand shinobis lying in wait around the desert.

Hiruzen listened to all this with a serious expression on his face. Shikaku was also in his thoughts and after a few seconds, he said "Hokage-sama, we won the mission but most probably lost the alliance. Due to this mission, the Land of Wind Daimyo will give us more missions which will create more problems for the hidden sand. They can't openly retaliate but they can still cause us problems."

Hiruzen nodded and said "Kazekage Rasa wanted our shinobis to fail the mission and still he sent all 3 of his kids to this mission. That man can stoop to any level. Our kids performed exceptionally in this mission."

Shikaku nodded and said "Yes Hokage sama especially Yami's performance was shockingly good. To be able to infiltrate so seamlessly and then carry out such assassinations and that too as your first outside genin mission is really remarkable. He was also able to takedown many Land of Lightning shinobis including Shinzo. Though we can't give him any merits openly for this mission, lightning jutsus could be a good prize."

Kakashi looked at Shikaku and said "Tomorrow I will teach him a lightning jutsu made by me and known only by me. After a few days, we can give him the 2 lightning jutsus we found on the Land of Lightning Shinobis."

Hiruzen nodded and said "We will do it like that. Guy make sure to kick the practice of Neji and Lee into top gear. I don't want them to hold Yami back. Neji's contributions were the least in this mission but his byakugan is invaluable so make sure to tell him to practice that in his clan. If there isn't anything else you both can leave."

Guy nodded to Hiruzen's instructions and he himself had the same thoughts. He knew that Yami's skills were a league above Neji and Lee but after this mission, it was clear that they were nowhere near Yami's skill level. Yami completed this mission way better than even a veteran chunin could. As Guy was about to leave with Kakashi, Kakashi said "Hokage-sama the way Yami handled himself in this mission it looked like he would be better suited for Anbu work. But he is too young to go through all that and has already been through enough tragedy. I would like to teach him some Anbu things if you may allow."

"Kakashi you know that the secrets of Anbu should stay inside the Anbu. Do you have any solution for this?" Shikaku asked. But instead was Kakashi, it was Guy who replied

"I till take time for me to bring Neji and Lee up to Yami's standards and this year Kakashi doesn't have a genin squad of his own. So I have no issue if Kakashi and Yami do some missions outside the village. Every once a while I can have Yami complete D and C-ranked missions with his team."

Hiruzen quickly looked up and said "Kakashi I think that this is the best idea. Yami might gain skills and experience through these missions way more than any training sessions."

"I will give you my answer in a day or two Hokage-sama." Kakashi thought as he and Guy left Hiruzen's office.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For early access to extra chapters subscribe to my Patreo-n.

https://patreo-n.com/lazarus898 (Just remove the - )

Link in synopsis as well

I am also writing a novel called 'Soul Spirit Ascension' so please give it a read and shower some of those powerstones.