▹ System 2͎8͎༓

───────・༓ ❦ ༓・───────

In South Korea
2063 (Beomgyu is 12)

Choi Beomgyu was the most adorable and innocent kid, living as an only child in a huge mansion with his biological parents. He was the closest with his mother, he didn't really have time to bond with his father since he was always out doing some 'business'.

Ever since he was a baby up until now, the age of 12, he has slept next to his parents, leaning to his mother's side of the bed.

It's not like his father was always present anyway.

Beomgyu isn't necessarily scared of the dark or anything.
He's a kid who gets attached way too easily, he couldn't let go of the caring warmth of sleeping with his mother as a toddler. So he kept this habit until now.

"Mum.." Beomgyu mumbled against his pillow, talking a bit with his mother before they sleep. "Hyunjin hyung has an older friend who invited us to go to a nightclub, can I come?"

"Honey!!" She gave him repeated soft slaps on the cheek. "Are you hearing yourself you're a literal 12 year old child, Hyunjin-ah is too young as well."

"I know but-"

"What if something bad happens to you, I won't let my baby get groomed."

"It's not like I'm interested in drinking or dirty stuff but that's what people at school like. Meaning that they'll like me if I'm like them, mum." He pouted.

"Oh my god I don't know what's wrong with you children born in the 2050s. You don't have to be like them Beomgyu." She smiled as she ruffled his hair. "Just be yourself and they'll like you."

"But they don't, kids at school call me a loser because I don't go out much, don't have social media nor follow trends. Plus I like reading and watching anime and they find that lame. If they find out that I like sleeping with you, I'll get bullied for good."

"Listen." The woman cupped her son's face. "You shouldn't care what others think of you.. And besides, there's someone who knows everything you like doing yet he's your best friend. Doesn't that tell you something?"

"But mum, Hyunjin hyung doesn't count since he's a fallen angel! I'm talking about my other schoolmates.."

"Your hyung is a human like all of you-" He's starting to give in to peer pressure which worries her.

She hugged her son close. "My cute little sunshine oh.. I want you to remember something for me, keep it in mind even during adulthood.
Don't change for other people, don't let anyone put you in a box. Act how you want, love who you want."

Beomgyu smiled. "Well I love you, dad too, and I love Hyunjin hyung, that's it!"

He never fails to tell the ones he cherishes that he loves them. Being a kid labelled as a loser by his schoolmates, he doesn't get much love but he still has a big heart.

"And we all love you too sweetie. I'm saying that because who knows, maybe one day you'll meet a boy and find yourself feeling something that seems to be a little crush, some people will be against it, but if you like him then you like him, you shouldn't care about other's opinion."

"A boy having a crush on a boy??" Beomgyu seemed so genuinely confused. "Mum I don't think that's even a thing." He chuckled, finding it silly.

She chuckled too. "I think it's time to sleep now."

~                          The next day

Little Beomgyu was standing in front of JYP entertainment, waiting for his idol trainee friend to come out.
"Hyunjin hyung!" He called as soon as he saw him.