Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen; My Hands Are Lifted Up

"You googled her," Joe repeated.

Colby nods.

"Of course, I did. You're taking us to church to meet her so I had to find out what I can about her and Joe, let me be the one to say this, but you're a lucky fool," Colby said.

"What makes him a lucky fool?" Renee asked Colby.

Laniyah had invited Joe to church and since Colby, Jon, and Renee were visiting him, she extended the invitation to them as well.

"She's rich. She has businesses in real estate, beauty, technology, oil, petroleum, gas, and household consumables. She's also very beautiful," Colby said.

"So, beauty and brains," Jon said.

"Wow, wait she owns Allure Beauty!" Renee exclaimed.

"That's your favorite makeup brand," Jon said.

"Welp, lucky you, Renee, maybe she'll give you some free goodies," Colby said.

"You think so?" Renee asked Colby.

"Maybe," Colby answered.

"So, how is it living with your wife?" Jon asked Joe.

Joe raised his eyebrows in confusion.

"What are you trying to get at, Jon?" Joe replied.

"Are you fucking her?" Jon asked him.

"Jon," Renee said, sternly.

Colby chuckled.

"Answer the question, man," Colby said.

Joe shook his head.

"This isn't the type of conversation to have on your way to church," Joe said.

Jon frowned.

"You guys aren't sleeping together, how does that work? If I had a wife with that body I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off of her," Jon ranted.

Renee shook her head but honestly, she was thinking the same thing.

"Jon, please stop talking," Joe said.

"No, you have a hot thing in front of you, don't let it go to waste," Jon said.

Joe shook his head and sighed as he pulled into the almost full church parking lot. Joe shut the car off after pulling into the shade of a large tree before looking at Jon and pointing at him.

"No cursing in church and no sexual comments to Laniyah, she'll probably punch you in the face," Joe warned Jon.

Jon nods.

"I'll be a saint," Jon said.

"He's going to crush and burn in there," Colby muttered as they got out of the car.

Laniyah met them halfway, heels clicking on the hot pavement. "Hey, guys," Laniyah greets them.

"Hey, you look beautiful," Joe said.

"Thank you, Joe, you guys dressed up nicely," Laniyah said.

"Hey, thanks for inviting us," Colby said.

"Thank you for coming," Laniyah said.

Jon introduced Renee to Laniyah, who happily gave the blonde a hug before complimenting her shade of lipstick.

"It's from your brand," Renee said, happily.

"I know and you're rocking it. I think I'll have to give you a PR box of my new collection," Laniyah told Renee.