Chapter Forty

Chapter Forty; Welcome to Aspen

"This is where we're staying?" Joe asked as he took in the stunningly luxurious mansion

"Yup, isn't it beautiful?" Laniyah replied as she grinned.

Laniyah had found the perfect ski mansion that perfectly fit their large family. It has fourteen bedrooms with over 20,000 square feet inside a 4-story single-family home, complete with a full spa, indoor and outdoor jacuzzis, a bowling alley, and much more.

With the gondola to the top of Aspen Mountain Ski Resort just blocks away, a private access path allows you to ski right back to your door at the end of a day on the slopes.

"Oh shit, you outdid yourself with this one," Matthew said as everyone hurried into the house to get out of the cold.

Once everyone was in the living room. Laniyah decided to explain the place to everyone before letting go pick their rooms. Joe sneaked off to pick the best room, leaving Laniyah to distract everyone from noticing his absence.

"Welcome to As Good As It Gets in the Aspen Core. The home is 22,740 square feet, consists of fourteen bedrooms, fourteen full bathrooms, and three half bathrooms. The home was designed, so you never have to leave, fully equipped with all the amenities; an indoor pool, a bowling alley, a media room, a full spa, a gym, indoor and outdoor jacuzzis, and a wine-tasting room. This is really a true legacy property located on one of the most iconic ski mountains in the entire world, Aspen Mountain. We're literally 3.5 blocks away from Aspen Mountain Gondola and you can actually ski back from the gondola to the backdoor of this home," Laniyah told everyone.

"Okay, look at you, you hella studious," Joshua said, causing everyone to laugh.

Laniyah smacked her lips but smiled. "So this home is four stories. You can actually access all levels of the home via the outside staircase. Some of the fourteen bedrooms, including three principal suites, have floor-to-ceiling doors opening out onto a private patio," Laniyah said as she pointed to different areas of the house.

Everyone listens carefully, ready to go check out the house.

"The fourth level has reflecting pools that double as skylights, which flood all levels of the home with natural light. A professional-level kitchen and breakfast room have the added benefit of a rotating table. Elsewhere, a third-level gallery and glass-walled suspended office overlook the oversized indoor pool and leisure area below, where a two-story cascading water wall adds a sense of calm. Okay, let me stop talking so you guys can pick out your rooms," Laniyah said as Joe returned from picking out the best principal suite for them.

Jon kissed his teeth once he noticed Joe walking back into the living room. "She was doing all that talking so Joe could go sneak and pick the best room," Jon pointed out.

Everyone started calling them cheaters and how that's not fair even though Joe and Laniyah were the ones to pay for the trip.

"Kids share rooms," Laniyah said, ignoring Jon calling her out.

Later after everyone settled in. They were all in the beautiful rec room space, another seating area with a TV that had a pool table, a card table, and a wet bar with fridge and freezer drawers along with a sink.

"Pool cues for the pool table all are hidden, good luck finding them," Laniyah told a couple of the younger cousins.

"Do not start betting on anything," Matthew told London once she sat down at the card table.

London pouted. "But baby," London said.

Matthew shakes his head no. "No, London," Matthew said.

"Fine," London said as Jon started the card game.