Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Six: About Our Babies

412,899 likeslalaniyah So, I went from being pregnant with twins to triplets at my twenty-week checkup y'all

412,899 likes
lalaniyah So, I went from being pregnant with twins to triplets at my twenty-week checkup y'all.
View all 2,022 comments
londoninthecity Chile, you'll be gray before fifty at this rate
thenikkibella I'm still in shock
marysemizanin Honestly, you're superwoman
lalaniyah @marysemizanin 💜
thebriebella I'm in tears 😭
lalaniyah @thebriebella me too
uceyjucey you will know no peace 🤣
reneepaquette 😳😳😳😳

"Joelle, it's okay," Laniyah told Joelle, who had recently shared with her that Galina had a baby and that she was being bullied by her cousin at school because she was replaced by the new baby.

"She keeps saying that I'm not related to her and that my dad and you are the reason. I mean I know dad told me about everything that happened but I feel like something is missing from the story. Mom, can you tell me why Galina doesn't like me anymore or why you don't like her?" Joelle asked.

Laniyah sighed. She was trying to control herself not to run up to the school and set it off. After Joe won sole custody of Joelle, Galina stopped attempting to have contact with Joelle, only talking to her via the phone and text messages. George also gave up and moved on with his life, leaving before Galina and Joelle in the past. So, it left Laniyah to step up and play the mother role in Joelle's life which led to Joelle calling Laniyah, mom.

Once, Joe felt like Joelle was old enough to understand everything. He sat down with her and told her everything and why Galina barely contacts her. Joelle said she understood but lately, she kept asking questions about the whole situation which she had the right to do since this affected her greatly. But now her cousin is bullying her at school and it has left her confused and hurt about everything.

"Nothing is missing, Joelle, your mother just isn't a woman enough to be in your life and that has nothing to do with you. She made mistakes in the past and she doesn't want to face them. Now, just like how your cousin is bullying you, Galina used to do the same to me when we were in college together so that's why I don't like her," Laniyah explained to Joelle.

Joelle was shocked. Galina had bullied Laniyah. Why would she do that? Was that entire side of the family full of bullies?

"Why?" Joelle asked Laniyah.

Laniyah placed he hand on Joelle's shoulder.

"I wish I could tell you why she bullied me but I don't know why she did it. And I also don't know why your cousin is bullying you. However, I do know that the driving forces behind bullying may vary from person to person, but bullies share some common characteristics. For example, some people bully because they know that it gets them what they want, while others bully because they are deeply insecure. No matter the cause, bullying is unacceptable, regardless of where it takes place. So, after I talk to your father about this situation with you and your cousin, we will handle it so your cousin can stop bullying you," Laniyah answered.