CHAPTER SEVEN | MODERN DAY ROMEO

TW: LANGUAGE, TOXIC MALE BEHAVIOR

CHAPTER SEVEN
MODERN DAY ROMEO

"This movie is literally Steve's life!" Sloane cackled, holding on to the arm of the sofa. Mr. Mom played on the large television in front of the pair laughing as if their lives weren't at stake.

Day then eventually turned into night, and Steve and the kids still weren't back. Sloane knew that stakes were much higher than just her, but she was a little jealous that Robin and Nancy were involved with this new creature and she wasn't. Sloane was just as tough - if not tougher - than little Nancy Wheeler.

"That's it. We're leaving, come on!" Sloane huffed, grabbing her keys and opening the front door.

Sloane didn't know, though, that when she was busy talking to Dustin about her inside out shirt - Steve had grabbed Eddie by the collar and made him promise to not let Sloane leave the house. After finding out about Max being hunted by Vecna, Steve was hell bent on Sloane staying inside and away from this mess. Max had become like a little sister to him, and Steve the big brother that Max deserved. He was going to do everything in his power to keep Max safe, but he didn't want to have to worry about another sister with this Vecna guy on the loose, attacking teens left and right.

Eddie had promised Steve that the two would not leave the house under any circumstances.

"Um! Actually," Eddie quickly tried to distract the girl, "I uh - " he stuttered, with no excuse coming to mind. Lunging forward, he grabbed Sloane's keys out of her hand and shoved them in his underwear.

"Give me my keys!" Sloane screeched, stomping her foot.

"Brat." Eddie pointed out, causing Sloane to elicit a giggle as he did have a point. Before the girl could even jab at Eddie, the boy took off up the stairs, Sloane hot on his heels.

After chasing him around the house for an hour and a half, Sloane had given up completely. It was now two in the morning, she was worried sick about Steve, and she just wanted to go to bed. She dragged her feet to her bedroom door, where Eddie had locked himself in, and knocked tiredly. The door creaked open to reveal a very tired looking Eddie.

"Can we just go to bed, Harrington?" He groaned.

"Steve is not here. They are all missing, how can you sleep?"

"Like this." The boy jumped into Sloane's bed, covered in dirt and filth, in all his glory.

"Ew! At least shower," Sloane argued back, throwing a towel at the boy.