CHAPTER NINE | PORTRAITS ON THE WALL

CHAPTER NINEPORTRAITS ON THE WALL

CHAPTER NINE
PORTRAITS ON THE WALL

Sloane rubbed her eyes, blinking a few times to really wake herself up. She looked out the window to the setting sun, then back down at Eddie, who had his eyes closed, but was tracing circles on her back. Sloane snuggled deeper into Eddie's chest, taking in the scents of him. His slight musk from their previous events - mangled and tangled in Sloane's fancy bedsheets - mixed with Steve's soap. Sloane tried to ignore the fact that Eddie smelt like her brother, but it was a little hard.

"Eddie. We gotta go. Who knows where Steve and the kids are, at this point." Then an idea that seemed obvious struck her, and she waltzed over to the phone on her dresser and dialed the Wheeler's house.

"Hi, Mrs. Wheeler. Is Nancy home?" Sloane put on her best sweetheart voice, causing Eddie to chuckle from the bed. Sloane thought he was giggling at her voice, but he was really just taking in the sight of her panties that had princess printed on the butt. What a brand Sloane had made of her flawless reputation. He waltzed behind her, grabbing her shoulders and rubbing circles around them with his thumb. After sleeping with Sloane, Eddie, too, stopped fighting his feelings. He liked Sloane. He loved Sloane. She might've fell first, from the world's tallest skyscraper, but he sure as hell fell from heaven above. Even though it took her blurting her feelings out to Nancy Wheeler - a girl he wasn't even sure she really liked - for him to realize he was in love with her, he realized. Better late than never, he supposed. He loved the way she cared for him. He loved the way the blankets she bought him smelt like her, how he even thought to buy her warm blankets anyway. He loved the way she cared for her brother and would literally do anything for him. He loved the way she had this perfect princess picture painted of herself for the world to see, yet the moment the cameras were off, she was real. She was her.

And so Eddie realized - if he was going to be a wanted man for murder, he was at least gonna be a wanted man for murder in love.

Sloane rushed to her closet, finding the perfect outfit. The girl that was normally pink and frilly chose a plain-Jane type outfit to go with her bright red lipstick. She felt like an adult, and she needed to be, especially if she was going to buy Eddie that six pack he'd practically begged for.

They walked down the hall to head out the house, but Eddie stopped in his tracks to stare at a photo on the wall.

"Is this your senior picture?" Eddie asked, voice low and slow. He'd never seen anything so perfect. It was a portrait that hung right by a similar portrait of Steve. Sloane sat, arm on her shoulder and lips perfectly pouted. Her hair laid perfectly on her shoulder and her infamous S necklace shone bright. On her wrist, the Tiffany bracelet Eddie had stolen the other day laid on her skin, comparing perfectly to her rosy tone.