13. chapter

Nate finally arrived.

He sat down next to me.

"Hey.", I said.

"Hey."

"How do I have the honor that you visit me?", I asked.

"I just wanted to see you."

huh?

"You did?"

"No.", he laughed.

asshole

"Ha Ha you're so funny Nate!", I said sarcastically.

"Didn't need to tell me, love."

"You're welcome, love."

We stared at each other for a few seconds before I finally asked:

"So, do you think they're really going to get married?"

"They're young and in love. They don't think things through like that, but soon they will regret getting married at that young age. I know Steve since Kindergarten and to be honest I'm a little bit concerned for your friend. Steve is a good guy, but he has already cheated on some of his girlfriends. I know that everyone makes mistakes, but cheating is a choice and you know what they say about cheaters. Once a cheater, always a cheater."

Oh no, I need to talk to Angi, but I know that she will be mad at me. She always thinks I want to destroy things for her. Anisa and her were always a little closer and I was never really mad about it, but now they're really distancing each other from me and it hurts.

"But isn't Steve your friend? How can you be so honest about all that?"

"Isn't Angela your friend? You should make sure he doesn't hurt her. I know Steve really well. Trust me."

"I get your point. It's just... why do you trust me so much?"

"Alaska, what are you talking about?"

"You've been acting different since the party. I mean not in a bad way. I'm just a little bit confused."

"So you want me to be mean again?", he smirked.

please don't

"That's not what I meant, Nate! You just literally made your way to me, only to talk about the fact that your best friend is a cheater, you gave me your jacket, which I still have, but that's not the point, you watched the stars with me, brought yourself on purpose in trouble for me and called me beautiful and you still want to convince me that you hate me?"

"You really memorize everything I do, don't you?", he grinned.

"You're kidding me, right? Can't you be serious for once?"

"Can't you stop obsessing over me, Alaska?"

" I am obsessing over you?!"

"Just admit it already!", he said, standing up.

"You're so annoying, Nate Flores!"

"And you like it, Alaska Bailey!"

Then it was quiet.

He took a step closer to me.

Then we were close to each other. Too close.

"Good night, Alaska.", he whispered.

"Good night, Nate.", I whispered back confused.

And then he was gone.

- - -