1. Icy [Werewolf] (Part-1)

__________________________________________

CHAPTER 1

I C Y
[Werewolves]

__________________________________________

Heavy, jaded footsteps echoed through the dead silent forest as the girl's bare feet left their impressions on the thick layer of snow covering the moist soil.

Having been running for an hour and stopping just now, she was panting heavily. Gulping her cold saliva, the fourteen-year-old panted for air, trying her best to tone down her voice as her wary eyes scanned the area, switching through the trees bathing in milky moonlight.

Bringing her trembling hands together, she wrapped them around her cold body, goosebumps all over her skin as the thin white, floral dress and dark-blue denim jeans did no good to shield her from the ruthless low temperature.

Teeth chattering and body shaking due to the cold, she leaned against a tree, seeking shelter under the frost covered leaves as she slid down, curling up on the white precipitation.

Her damp strands of dark brown hair covered her forehead as symmetrical crystals rested gently on her locks.

Bringing her knees closer to her chest, she hugged them tightly as she rested her chin on them, her cheeks and nose tinted with bright red due to the atmosphere.

Wiping the cold sweat from her face, the girl looked into the darkness of the snow-land.

Ensuring she was alone and safe, she closed her eyes as she rested her head against the tree trunk.

"Mom, I miss you", she whispered quietly, a thin stream of crystal liquid sliding down her right eye as she gulped thickly.

"I wish God didn't have called you so soon. I wish He had let you stay by my side. Mom, Dad is not what you used to think he was. He never was. Everything was a lie. He lied. He hid his identity. He is not normal. He is not a human. He is a monster-"

Her words died down as a low guttural growl reverberated around the dark abode of animals.

She paused, not even breathing at that moment.

The growl was closer.

It came from behind.

Her jaw trembled as her chapped lips quivered. Sucking in deep breaths followed by silent exhales, she turned her head to the side to gaze behind the tree.

She witnessed nothing but absolute darkness. She frowned, roaming her gaze around the visible area of forest in front of her.

Her vision fell on the snow, fresh footprint marks of an animal imprinted there as her heart dropped.

He found her.

Cold, not from outside, but from within engulfed her, setting her body into fearful vibrations as she turned her head back, her breathing turning uneven.

There, she stopped.

Her body almost stopped functioning as the close-up of the glowing, deep blue eyes of a huge white wolf stared at her just a few centimetres away from her.