3. Villain || Supernatural

"Daddy", the eight-year-old called softly, clutching her teddy bear tightly in her hands, shivering due to what appeared to be cold in her night-clothes.

"Eva, what's wrong, baby?", The father frowned, registering the disheveled and panting figure of the little one standing at his door, cheeks stained with tears. She was trembling.

"Hey, my love? What happened?", Jay asked again softly, walking towards the girl, keeping some documents associated with his office, aside. He knelt in front of her, wiping the big blobs of saline liquid with his thumb.

"Daddy...", The girl cried, hugging the man instantly, letting go of her stuffed friend once her father, her only parent, her comfort place engulfed her in his arms.

The man was confused but he didn't say anything when the girl wrapped her arms around his neck. She stuffed her face in the crook of his neck. The twenty-five year old, stood up from his previous position, his one hand supporting her bottom with the other patting her back.

"Daddy... scared"

"Why're you scared?"

"There's a... a monster under my bed. It's... calling me. It's calling me. It wants me to come to it", she hiccuped, whispering half of the sentence, shaking while narrating.

The creases disappeared from the man's forehead, the confusion swirling in his eyes dissipating, instead getting filled with annoyance and anger as he clenched his jaw. Oh. So, that was the matter.

Taking a deep breath for the girl's sake, he spoke softly.

"Baby, monsters aren't real"

"Daddy, believe me. I'm not lying. There's a scary monster under my bed" she urged again.

"Listen, why don't you stay here in my room while I check your room and shoo away the monster real quick?"

'Shoo away the monster'

She thought it was a mere jest.

But he meant it. Literally.

"Daddy, it's not a joke! Why don't you trust me!? It's dangerous", she spoke, lifting her head and staring at him through the glassy shield of tears.

"I trust you, kiddo. That's why I'm gonna go and throw that monster out of the house, alright?", he said, almost putting the girl down before she said,

"Wait!"

"What?"

"You're going to my room?! Daddy, it's dangerous-"

"Not for me"

"But-"

"No buts. I'm going"

"Then, I'm going with you, too. I'm not leaving you alone", she said, hugging him tightly.

"Eva, no, baby. Why-"

"I know you think it's just my imagination but trust me, daddy! It's not! This is not a joke!"

"Baby, I know it's not a joke. That's why I'm going"

"Then, me too. You can't go alone! It's dangerous", she said, pleading with him through her eyes not to go.

"Stubborn", he sighed, shaking his head.

"Don't blame me later for what you witness", he muttered, opening his room's door, heading straight towards Eva's room across the hall.

"Last chance to back off, Eva", he said, his hand on the door's knob.

"Yes, chance accepted. Let's run away from here", she nodded, her arms around his neck and eyes fixed on the knob.