Jahanam To Jannah

PART ONE

Samira surveyed her room, she drew in a shaky breath. Once more going over her decision. Her parents would be devastated and God only knows how the rest of the family was going to react. However, her mind was made up and there was no going back. When she left for work this morning she was leaving home never to return. She and Raj were going to marry and live happily ever after.

Samira had grown up, standing out from her Muslim family. Where all her girl cousins were forced into wearing scarves and long dresses, she had been allowed many liberties. Her mom always indulged her, in fact on many occasions she even defended Samira when family members objected to her dressing or behavior. But this was a decision she would soon live to regret.

Tring Tring...Nasrin answered the phone, "Hello"
"As salaamualykum, Nasrin where is Samira? Muhammed, Narin's Husband asked.
" At work," rather confused Nasrin queried, "why are you asking?"
Muhammed didn't answer her question, instead, he asked Nasrin to call Samira at work and report back to him.

Nasrin immediately complied and she was shocked to hear that Samira had resigned the previous day. In a state of shock, she WhatsApped Muhammed who replied that he was on his way home.
In the meantime Nasrin made herself pick up the phone and try to locate Samira. There was however a sickening feeling of dread in the pit of her tummy.

Mohammed walked into the house looking all of his 55 years. Looking at Nasrin he simply uttered, "Samira has eloped with an Indian boy."
Nasrin's face paled, her energy dwindled and she slumped onto the sofa, "What did you say?" The words were uttered in disbelief.

"No! This just can not be!" Nasrin shook her head and promptly entered Samira's room. The letter on Samira's pillow addressed to mummy was something Nasrin didn't want to open. Reading it, she feared it would actually turn Muhammed's words into reality. "Ya Allah!" Muhammed exclaimed from the doorway. Leaning over the bed he retrieved the letter and began reading.
Mommy,

I just want to say I luv u n daddy both 4rm d botm of my ❤. But I luv Raj awso. By d tym u read ds I'll be gon. I will probly b Mrs.Singh by den mummy. I luv him n I can't live without him. I know dad n d family cd neva xcpt him n Raj ds nt wana bcom a Muslim. I luv him 2 much 2 let a small thing lyk religion stand in d way of our happiness. I knw dat u luv me n u will try to 4gv me. Try n make daddy understand. Maybe one day ill come back. In da meantime try n 4giv me. I know u will cz u luv me and u always let me do wat makes me hapi.

Luv u
XOXO
Samira
P.S pls tell daddy nt 2 be 2 upset.

PAERT TWO
In a fit of rage, Muhammad turned towards Nasrin. "This is all your fault!”
Nasrin lowered her head in defeat. She knew Muhammed was right. Muhammed stalked out of the house and Nasrin wallowed in her misery. Her brothers would murder her. She always ignored their advice. Samira had been allowed liberties no respectable Muslim girl should have. Now Nasrin was confronted with the devastating consequences of her actions.

Raj leaned against the brick wall at the bus-stop. Samira was wrapped in his arms. They were waiting for the Johannesburg bus to arrive. His parents lived in Hillbrow and he was taking Samira to meet them. They would have no objection to a Muslim girl because their own relationship was somewhat mixed. Mrs.Sing was actually Christian and Mr.Sing was Hindu. Raj himself neither leaned towards Hinduism nor Christianity. He belonged to the international religion of celebrating all religious holidays. Samira and he would live together with his parents for the next 6 years. Raj would complete his studies ,firmly establish himself in his career and then they would marry.

Suddenly he felt Samira's body go rigid in his arms. " what's wrong?" He asked concerned. When Samira didn't answer her followed the direction of her gaze. "Uh oh!" Samira's father, wearing a murderous look was advancing towards them. As Mr.Moolla reached them he caught Samira's arm in an iron grip and without a word yanked her towards him. Looking at Raj, "Don't you even think about coming near my daughter again!!"
Muhammed stalked off pulling a struggling Samira along with him.
"Daddy!Daddy! Leave me. Let me go with him. I love him. Please!!" Samira sobbed.
Muhammed ignored her pleas sat her in the car and sped off towards home.