Destiny

The minute Suraya saw him her heart stopped beating. She felt hot and cold all at the same time. He was the most gorgeous guy she'd ever laid eyes on. He was the new boy at school. She just had to gather some info about him. Throughout the day she kept thinking about him. As far as she had gathered, his name was Muhammed, he was 17 and the reason he was behind a year was that he had not been to school because he had been doing hifz. Everybody at school seemed to think that he was holy-moly, oh so very pious. Suraya, however was determined to win his attention. With her looks and popularity, she didn't think it would be a monumental task. The guys in school, even those her junior, fell over themselves trying to get even a small smile from her. She was the ultimate catch. Her looks came from her Capetonian mom. She was slender, with a good figure, hazel green eyes, pretty pink lips and almost blond hair.

During the afternoon break, Suraya noticed Muhammed hanging with a couple of boys that she knew. She sauntered over hoping for an introduction. As she walked towards them Muhammed looked up, their gazes locked,but truth be told Suraya did not like the way Muhammed had looked at her. It was a if he had found her revolting or something. Then he turned, said something to the boys and walked off. Suraya had no option but to change course.

During the second session, the following day was computer class. They were paired up for this class as the school could not cater for a personal computer for each child. Suraya arranged it so that she was partnered up with Muhammed. Now he could not escape!

Muhammed walked into class, and Ya Allah!!
There she was again. This girl that did funny things to him. He could not understand. She was pretty but everything was all wrong. She was a Muslim but not what he would term a "good Muslim girl". This Suraya was forward and loud and she made him feel as if she were the hunter and he the prey. At the same time she also managed to stir up many physical emotions in him. This was probably because she wore her uniforms so short and tight that all the boys lusted after her. Muhammed was not looking for a girlfriend, but even if he was, he would not go for her. He preferred good decent girls. He managed to get through computer class being very rude and totally ignoring her. When the buzzer rang Muhammed gathered his things and left Suraya to sort out the P. C shut down.

Gosh!! This Muhammed guy seemed to be a very hard fish to catch. This, however made Suraya more determined than ever.
The end of the term was near and the last day was civvies. She would dress to kill and then he would have no choice but to fall at her feet!

The last day of the term arrived, and Muhammed dressed with care. He did not care that he would stand out at school. It was a Friday, his favorite day of the week. He pulled on a clean, white kurta and tied a black amaamah on his head. Praise be to Allah the school had not objected to his beard. He combed his hair and beard neatly and applied itar liberally. All this took him less than 2 minutes. He just loved this sunnat way of dressing,infact since becoming a hafiz he was so into his Deen. One day, it was his dream to become an aalim and teach, but not here in South Africa, maybe India or Pakistan.
When he heard stories about the pious people from there he just knew that thatwas where he wanted to be. The only reason he was at school was at the advise of his uncle Yusuf. He had urged him to finish school because according to Uncle Yusuf that extra secular education would help him to understand things better in madressa. So here he was getting ready for civvies.

Across town, Suraya had woken up 3 hours early. Mind you, even though it was fajar time she gave no thought to it. Her main dilemma was clothes! What was she going to wear?! She needed something out of this world. She was determined to snag Muhammed today. She intended to get his cell phone number and spend the entire holiday chatting him up.

Suraya surveyed herself in the mirror. She was satisfied, she had slipped on a pair of black skinny jeans. They were ripped here and there. She had added a black strapless bustier with silver rhinestones running down the seams. Big diamond hoops were on her ears. Her hair was open, her eyes made up with thick black eyeliner and lashings of mascara. On her lips she had a shiny pink gloss. Highly kissable! And to finish of the ensemble she pulled on high heeled, knee high boots. Rock chick splendor!!

All the guys at school knew Suraya’s agenda. They all joked with Muhammed about it. Dispite his pious ways he was a good guy so he formed many friends. When Suraya walked in through the school gates all the boys dropped into dead silance. Muhammed, however was far from impressed.

"Hey guys, roll those tongues back inside." Muhammed said to them.
"Yoh man, she's coming this way, Moh C'mon! What is wrong with you?" one of the guys asked.
"Well," Muhammed replied, "I guess I need to sort this out once and for all!"

Suraya smiled happily. "It worked!" she knew no boy could resist her outfit. Muhammed was actually strolling towards her.

"As salaamualykum." Muhammed stopped in front of her. Suraya returned his greeting, now at a loss for words, because he had actually spoken to her. His voice was like rich chocolate. Then the tone of his voice and what he said intruded. "Listen here, Suraya, or whatever your name is. Please stop stalking me. I'm not interested. You should be ashamed of yourself. You’re a Muslim girl, but you dress cheap and keep throwing yourself at me like a lady of the night. I beg you! Just leave me alone! "saying that Muhammed left. He didn't see the shocked and stricken look on her face. Muhammed never saw Suraya after that nor did her absence bother him.

10 YEARS LATER

Muahmned was excited. He'd completed his aalim course and today he was off to see a girl for marriage. Even though he had not seen her or even know her name Muhammed had performed his istikhara namaaz seeking guidance from Allah and he was confident she was the one.

When Muhammed saw her he was content. He smiled to himself. She was a vision to behold. She was beautiful, like an angel. Unlike many of the other girls he had seen, this girl, Suraya, was free of make-up. She had on a simple peach dress with a matching dupatta. She was shy and demure and spoke in soft tones. Simply perfect.

Muhammed put forward a marriage proposal, and he made duaa everyday that if she would be a good wife to him Allah should inspire her to accept his proposal. Alhamdulillah, a week later a positive reply arrived. A month later Muhammed and Suraya were married in a simple nikkah on a Friday,after the jummah salaah. They spent the afternoon after the nikkah speaking and getting to know each other. It was then that Suraya asked him if he did not remember her. She had recognized him immediately. When she recollected the events at school Muhammed realized that she  was the same girl. Shocked, but pleased, Muahmned asked what had changed her. Suraya simply replied, "YOU!!"
She reminded him of that fateful day which had been her turning point in life. After he had spoken so rudely to her she had been devastated. She'd returned home in tears and poured her heart out to her elder sister, who had finally managed to convince her of the error of her ways. Suraya had made n instant decision to leave school and change her life. She had not forgotten Muhammed, infact she had always remembered him in her duas and she had prayed that Allah grant him success in Whatever he chose. Though she had never verbally expressed it, she had hoped in her heart that one day they would be together. He had made a great impression on her. Allah, The Supreme, who is the knower of all that our hearts conceal had written each of them in the other’s destiny. Now that they were married,Suraya could be pleased with her hunk of a guy and Muhammed didn't have to feel funny about those funny physical emotions she had evoked...

THE END!!

Written by:Ummi Ahmed🌸
Posted by:H. Doolly🌹